Fish and Chips

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
lagojardin

Fish and Chips

Post by lagojardin »

I had the best fish and chips I have tasted in Thailand last night, called in Bar Tender on Soi 94 and Pin the owner there told me she would not charge me if I didnt like them - It was effin delicious.. She makes the chips from REAL spuds and she even makes her own batter. The wife and I waited a long time for them but it was worth it. We wolfed them down whilst sat watching the Newcastle game.
The Pasties are very nice also.
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Fish and Chips

Post by Super Joe »

lagojardin wrote:I had the best fish and chips I have tasted in Thailand last night, called in Bar Tender on Soi 94 and Pin the owner there told me she would not charge me if I didnt like them - It was effin delicious..
Agree 100%. Nearest bar to us and great F&C, great homemade pies/scotch eggs/sausage rolls and great owners. Plus you get a nice crowd of expats in there. Wish them well, friendly, welcoming people who seem to have got things just right and are doing well customer wise considering it's an out of town place.

:cheers:
SJ
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Now this is exactly the kind of contribution this forum needs!! :laugh: :cheers: :clap: :dance: :sun: :cheers:

Any idea if they're open at lunchtime? And the prices?
This is the way
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

dtaai-maai wrote:Any idea if they're open at lunchtime?
They open morning time D-M, think about 9-10am'ish. Do an allday breakfast with proper sausages etc. There's a 'gwiteo' noodle stall next door for the wives too :laugh:

SJ
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

Super Joe wrote:
lagojardin wrote:I had the best fish and chips I have tasted in Thailand last night, called in Bar Tender on Soi 94 and Pin the owner there told me she would not charge me if I didnt like them - It was effin delicious..
Agree 100%. Nearest bar to us and great F&C, great homemade pies/scotch eggs/sausage rolls and great owners. Plus you get a nice crowd of expats in there. Wish them well, friendly, welcoming people who seem to have got things just right and are doing well customer wise considering it's an out of town place.

SJ
So, Super Joe, why have you not told us about this place before... or are you trying to keep it secret?
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Bar Tender... hmm

:lach: :lach: :lach: :lach:

I may be slow, but I get there in the end... :oops:

(HHF, I think I feel a lunch coming on... will your dietician approve fish 'n chips?)
This is the way
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

bapak wrote:So, Super Joe, why have you not told us about this place before... or are you trying to keep it secret?
I did mention it here Don, but only had a daft Aussie guy follow up with a question so tried to keep it a secret since to keep the riff-raff away :laugh:

And only found out recently about the F&C, think they just trialled them last weekend!?
Enjoy...
Bar Tender.jpg
Bar Tender.jpg (51.97 KiB) Viewed 11337 times
dtaii-maai wrote:(HHF, I think I feel a lunch coming on... will your dietician approve fish 'n chips?)
There's a gym next door :wink:

SJ
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

I was in there a couple of weeks ago watching the footy and studying the menu at half time and the boss said the same thing to me about the fish n chips, if you don't like them you don't have to pay. I had already eaten that day so I didn't partake although I haven't eaten yet so I may do tonight ! He did say you will have to wait about a half hour. I think they are 140 or 160 Baht ? Cornish pastie also looked nice that someone else ordered, 90 Baht I think ? I will correct myself later if I go and don't fall asleep on the settee................................ :rasta:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Super Joe wrote:
dtaai-maai wrote:Any idea if they're open at lunchtime?
They open morning time D-M, think about 9-10am'ish. Do an allday breakfast with proper sausages etc. There's a 'gwiteo' noodle stall next door for the wives too :laugh:

SJ
How much do they charge for an all day breakfast?
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Your on the spot reporter can confirm the quality of the fish and chips and also the biggest portion I have had in a long time ( ooh err missus). 160 baht, a bargain. Cornish pastie only 70 baht.

Siani : all day brekkie 99 baht or jumbo brekkie 180 baht or choose your own combo. Available from 10 am til late. :cheers:

Man in pub circa 1987.
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

Here are the menus, Ladies and Gentlemen...
The fish portion is far to large for me so my good wife helped me out.
Attachments
breakfast-menu-small2.jpg
breakfast-menu-small-rear2.jpg
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

(HHF, I think I feel a lunch coming on... will your dietician approve fish 'n chips?)
Only if I promise to wash it down with copious amounts of beer. I've been watching this place for a while and wondering if it's any good.

I'm ready! :cheers:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Bapak : Roy sent you the wrong menu, see my post above for current brekkie prices :cheers:

Man in pub circa 1987.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Good prices them, can't beat a Sausage or Bacon butty for 40 baht.
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

Pagey wrote:Bapak : Roy sent you the wrong menu, see my post above for current brekkie prices :cheers:
Lets try again. Modified price list below.
What is the matter with these people? Reducing prices. Don't they want to make a profit?
Attachments
breakfast-menu-small99-baht-1.jpg