Hue Hin White Only Pool Leagues?

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Decent
Banned
Banned

Hue Hin White Only Pool Leagues?

Post by Decent »

One of the good things about living in Hua Hin is the organization of the pool league. Started by Ozmo a couple of years back, the amount of teams participating has more than doubled, proving how popular it has become. Magnus and Steve carried on the good work and Chris has done well since he has taken over the running of the leagues. One of the biggest successes this year, in my opinion, is the fact more Thai people have become involved. Living here in Thailand I am ashamed to say I have not learned the language, but Wednesday night pool league gave me the opportunity, on occasion to have fun and communicate on a basic level with the Thai’s who live here. If I am to believe what I have heard regarding the pool meeting last night, these ‘opportunities’ are about to become a lot rarer.

I hope this is not true, but it seems the Hua Hin leagues are now run on a commercial basis only. Teams with too many Thai people are apparently not wanted by the white Ferang bar owners. The Thais only drink water and are therefore not commercially viable to the bar owners. So what have the bar owners decided to do? It seems unbelievable, but they have created what they call a “superâ€
Jim
Guru
Guru

Post by Jim »

In my humble, and uncharacteristically sober, opinion this post is directly accusing individuals of racism and should be removed from the webiste.
ดวงขึ้น
จิม
getreal
Banned
Banned

Post by getreal »

Hi

I have a close friend that was present at the meeting, I can assure you that although the subject was broached it was jumped om by the majority.

The Super League will consist of 6 teams that are there by merit,
Sugar Cane being Champions again for the second succesive year, Lucky Shot, Rose Bar,Octopussy, P&P and Billy's Babes.

Londond Bar and Lips have elected to drop down due to team reshuffle, Mondo and U Turn were relegated.

The comments you have made regarding racism were made by the owner and captain of the U Turn Bar, they have been relegated so I think a little jealousy, they just are not good enough. They feel that the Pool League should consist only of farrang because they spend more, both own bars (U Turn and Scottie's Bar) which are a front for prostittution so are both hypopcrites.

Do not take away the fact that the Super League is what it is they are their because they are the best.

My friend is a well known Pool player and he too was incensed.
Stop dreaming you are paying for it.
Decent
Banned
Banned

Post by Decent »

getreal wrote: Londond Bar and Lips have elected to drop down due to team reshuffle
Exactly what does that mean? They still want to play but choose what league they play in?
getreal
Banned
Banned

Post by getreal »

Jim wrote:In my humble, and uncharacteristically sober, opinion this post is directly accusing individuals of racism and should be removed from the webiste.
YES AND THEY SHOULD BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

Stay away from the U Turn and Scotties Bar.
getreal
Banned
Banned

Post by getreal »

Decent wrote:
getreal wrote: Londond Bar and Lips have elected to drop down due to team reshuffle
Exactly what does that mean? They still want to play but choose what league they play in?
London Bar under new management and 2 players have personal probs, Lips always struggle for a team.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

This is getting a bit much.
Thread closed.