Thai motorbike Swat Team in Petchaburi

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: Thai motorbike Swat Team in Petchaburi

Post by STEVE G »

Why on earth do you need a 3 liter 4wd pick up...
I got about 1000kg of unhusked rice over a couple of paddy dykes and through a ditch with mine last time I was there!
E-Dork
Suspended
Suspended

Post by E-Dork »

And maybe I'm actually 27 years old but like to post as an old man to laugh over the different reaction I get in comparison to my other user name.
This was, maybe not obvious enough, a joke. Unfortunately with posts you can't add the sarcastic tone that you wan't. To be honest I dont have anything against bikers but it seems the only people I've bumped into who had a big bike were inexperienced bikers who have bought there first bike in Thailand. This I consider a huge danger on the road.
If it's within arms reach, there's nothing to worry about!!
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Nereus wrote:
Takiap wrote:
E-Dork wrote:
Not that I'm against big cars mind you. I'm just saying, just as most people want a nice car, some of us appreciate a nice bike as well.
:neener:
You better bloody not be either, or I will come around with mine and push your fence down! :rasta: :neener:

Now, you know my Rottweiler will attack you :thumb:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Takiap wrote:Why on earth do you need a 3 liter 4wd pick up
Just try pulling a fully fitted fishing boat out of Pranburi Dam without one 8)
IMG_1450.JPG
Sorry

:offtopic:
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

If you want to dress like a ninja-biker and also tow a boat, you'd have to get one of these Terry:
Attachments
kettenkrad-motorcycle-tank.jpg
kettenkrad-motorcycle-tank.jpg (102.77 KiB) Viewed 333 times
charlesh
Ace
Ace

Post by charlesh »

P index indicates Penang! Maybe they were just trying to survive in LOS as Malaysia is a little more subdued even if on 250's.
By the way Terry what are you doing in our drinking water with a "stink boat" ha, ha?? AND I bet it the boys toy is a diesel!
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Testing the purity ha ha!

Yep - a 3 ltr turbo 4 w drive - handy for trips to the market too :twisted:
Rider
Ace
Ace

Post by Rider »

E-Dork wrote:
And maybe I'm actually 27 years old but like to post as an old man to laugh over the different reaction I get in comparison to my other user name.
This was, maybe not obvious enough, a joke. Unfortunately with posts you can't add the sarcastic tone that you wan't. To be honest I dont have anything against bikers but it seems the only people I've bumped into who had a big bike were inexperienced bikers who have bought there first bike in Thailand. This I consider a huge danger on the road.
Do you would then assume that because someone has ridden a bike on predictive, over-regulated roads in Europe that they are instantly a better rider than a Thai?

Well I learned to ride bikes on the islands on Greece, no license test, just pure experience and knowing what works and what doesn't. Learned to use bikes with clutch on Koh Tao (Scramblers) a fair few years ago.

My first 'big' bike was in Thailand.
I guess the 1000+ times I've been getting on my CBR I've been unleashing hell-like dangers and doom upon other road users :roll: :roll: :roll:

Just for you here's a video. Massive 'dangers' here! My goodness we have two riders who haven't got a Euro / US bike license. Shock horror they are riding big bikes in Thailand zipping through Bangkok traffic, both above 250cc and getting where they need to go.
All the while while the cagers like yourself just sit in traffic jams looking bored :D