Championship 2009-10

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

They're all looking good at the moment, but it would be very unusual to be able to tell this early in the season. It has to be the hardest league to get out of (at least in an upward direction :oops: :cry: ).
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

You're going to make it BB (stay). My 2010 prediction! Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Oh, I forgot. I'm going to start to infiltrate all sports threads. http://www.nfl.com/ I'm looking for a way to make it flash for only 1/2 second for the subliminal effect. :shock: :D Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

That's because we've brought in a technical genius from the States - Paul Mariner. A Green Army old boy who's done good.

Points 51; Position 21
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The Green Army has lost one of its senior officers http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8547228.stm. A regular at many games all over the country to support his life long passion.

Also http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/news/La ... ticle.html

I didn't think much of his politics, but a loyal supporter moves to the great Devonport End in the sky.

:bow: :bow: G R E E N A R M Y:bow: :bow:

Points 51; Position 21
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Re: Championship 2009-10

Post by Zidane »

Great win for Plymouth 2-0 at Ipswich last night....Paul Mariner returning to the club where he was a legend.
Plymouth only 3 points off safety now,so maybe not "doomed" BB ??
We're all on our uppers,we're all going skint,
I used to suck fat cigars but now I suck Polo mints.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

A great win, especially after Ipswich's recent form.

Doomed? There is a slight hope with 3 teams fighting for the last 2 places. I'm far from confident.

The dark lord returns on Saturday, let's see if he does Plymouth any favours.

Points 51; Position 21
Green Nomad
Professional
Professional

Post by Green Nomad »

Hi All,

Been a while since being on the Forum, have had to deal with a family bereavement and trying to finish moving into house in Hua Hin, whilst working here in Oman.

Anyway BB, yes there is still hope for the Greens looked promising against Tractor Boys, with Wright Philips now getting a run out and Bolasie looks good also, fingers crossed for a win today, especially as Palace missed out on points against Cardiff.

On another note, did anyone read the idiotic comments made by the football writer Ian Winwood in the Mirror? basically stating 'Why PAFC deserve to go down'. He was stupidly saying that clubs a long way from London are not worth travelling to on a Saturday or what ever it was.
I was enraged to read this as an Argyle supporter of many years, and seeing that our fans now travel great distances even on weekdays, to support the team.

Dont have a link to the exact article, as it was mentioned on the BBC sport website.
Anyway, hope we can show this prat that there are other teams other than Chelski and Arrsunal who are worth travelling to see. :cuss:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Well, the Dark Lord did for us making it even more likely the 3rd Division of English football is looming :cry:

Points 51; Position 21
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

Yeah,a bad result for Plymouth especially with Sheffield Wednesday winning and Watford getting a point.
But dont give up hope,just yet !
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

You guys should take a look at this chart: http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/Fixtures/0,,10278,00.html

I think that tells the tale why Newcastle is doing so well this year. Their home game attendance has not waivered from PL days, and has in most cases been close to double or more than the home attendance of any other club they've played. Those Newcastle supporters seem to be a loyal group. :D Pete :cheers:
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

Doncaster 1 Plymouth 2....another great result for your boys away from home BB.....keep the faith,you can do it !
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Trouble is that they're playing at home today - that's a guaranteed 2 points dropped, possibly 3 :?

Points 51; Position 21
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Big Boy wrote:Trouble is that they're playing at home today - that's a guaranteed 2 points dropped, possibly 3 :?
Ugggh, you needed to win that match BB. Sheffield just entered 'the zone' though. You have to keep praying they and Watford lose the rest of theirs. :( Pete :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Still need 9 points and only 15 to play for - the writing's on the wall :cry:

With such a poor home record, they don't deserve Championship football next season - an almighty Sturrock legacy. A team in the third tier of English football sposoring players in Scottish Premier League - it just doesn't make sense :?

:rant: The Japs have done for the Green Army. Crap team, sold the ground. The future is grim. A team that was financially sound 18 months ago are now in deep financial trouble. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask - the Japs won't even set foot in Plymouth. Even board meetings are held in London. :rant:

Points 51; Position 21