Fatcat

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
caran
Amateur
Amateur

Fatcat

Post by caran »

Anyone stayed at Fat Cat ? Is it quiet around the guesthouse or noisy at night? Is the location suitable for small children ? How about WiFi internet .
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

I presume you've seen their site Caran.
http://huahinmedia.com/fatcat.php

Pagey suggested it was nice on this thread (Very briefly)
http://www.huahinafterdark.com/forum/ba ... 10390.html

As far as the Location goes I wouldn't imagine it would be to noisy down there, its right in town but off the main drag.

If you want other suggestions let me know what your looking for, budget etc and I'll see if I reccommend anything.

:cheers:
caran
Amateur
Amateur

Post by caran »

Thanks BaaBaa, I did check all available messages about that .Do you personally know that location? I will be looking for a 6 months rental .This will be just for temporary stay.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

I know the area.

Its the main street near the Hilton.

About D3 on the map.
http://www.huahinafterdark.com/hua-hin-map.htm

In pretty much the same area on the map is M+A.(Still named Doghouse on the map)

Friends of mine have stayed here, they were 28 year old lads but they thought the rooms were great and according to the website they have WIFI.
http://www.huahinafterdark.com/doghouse-hua-hin.htm

Or TopMarks nextdoor.
http://www.huahinafterdark.com/topmarks ... ua-hin.htm

I think all are fine or let me know more info if none of them take your fancy.

:cheers:
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

It's a fairly quiet location however, the landlord plays jazz music and they have live music with one artist coming on at 10 pm some nights.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
caran
Amateur
Amateur

Post by caran »

Thanks guys for your answers !
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

Caran, I am sure that this is the same guest house that I stayed in two years ago but is now under a new name and with a few visible renovations.
Looking at the room pics the decor and views are very similar to what I had when I was there.
I am sure it is the same place as I had one of the sea facing rooms and the balconies are still the same colour.

Only thing I would mention, if you have a room two or three floors up, it is a fair way up the stairs after a few beers, and could be difficult for older people if they stayed there.
I found the area to be very quiet, the rooms at the time were very clean and cleaned on a regular basis.

Takes about 5 mins to walk into town, and is located opposite the fishing pier eating houses.
Is a bar called Buffalo Bills two doors down, but never had any noise problems from it, and is also a very good bar.
All in all I was very happy with the stay I had there, and would stay there again if I was coming back.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Always Borrow Money from a Pesimist. "They Never Expect it Back"
mrco

Post by mrco »

Anybody stayed at both Fatcat and Jings, if so which one is better?
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

Mrco, if you have a family with you, the Fatcat would probably be a better and quieter option for you as Jings is in the main area where all the bars are

But if you are on your own or with some mates, Jings would be a better option for you because of the location.

I have not stayed in Jings but now on two or three occasions, I have only heard good things about Jings on this Forum.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Always Borrow Money from a Pesimist. "They Never Expect it Back"
bubbly
Professional
Professional

Post by bubbly »

Never stayed at Fatcats but Jings is well off the road with its own little courtyard/garden so its nice and quiet. Its family friendly too :D
Howay the Lads!!!!
mrh79
Amateur
Amateur

Post by mrh79 »

staying here in a couple of weeks. Looks real good on the website, and good comms by email from the owner and easy to book. And the menu looks pretty yummy too !!! Hopefully the piano player will serenade me to sleep :P
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Fatcat

Post by Pagey »

Not stayed there but on last 2 trips in Dec and April regularly had their breakfast of Muesli, fruit, yoghurt and tea/coffee for 110 Baht and very good value. :cheers:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
mrh79
Amateur
Amateur

Post by mrh79 »

yep i noted that, healthy start to the day. And also the Omlette and rice looks ok for later in the day. I'll work my way through their menu he he!! Anyone used their wifi? I dont wanna take my laptop all that way, if the signals not that great. Wifi in London can still be a bit hit and miss.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Fat Cat Stay

Post by Lung Per »

Stayed one month in August. Great cozy little place, reasonably priced rooms, some of which with a balcony overlooking the port and the Gulf of Siam. New owners at that time who still run it. They are famous for their healthy breakfast. In the beginning not much of a lunch or evening menu, but this has improved now. Had a delicious tuna fish sandwhich there yesterday. Owner is Danish, plays soft jazz regularly at the Coco 51 restaurant. Plays occassionally with small group (duo or trio) at the Fat Cat, but never later that 10 pm. Peaceful area, no drunks, no football or rugby, no loud music, no heavy metal, no hores unless you bring your own. TV in room, no TV in restaurant. Thank God for quiet little places like this. Highly recommended.
mrh79
Amateur
Amateur

Post by mrh79 »

Good review Lung Per - many thanks... my mind's at rest now !!