Mopeds

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

:lach: Was that in 1969 HHTel? Know you've been here a long time dude.

Just funning around man! :cheers:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Spitfire & HHF - spot on. That's what I was implying - you can be 100% legal but when things go wrong, you're still a farang.

As Spitfire pointed out, once you've lived here for a some length of time, you do learn how to stand your ground to some extent. One thing to remember - the Thais fear the MIB more than we do and sometimes you can use that to your own advantage. I know because I've done it before when a teenager banged into me. They came straight across the road from the opposite side and hit me. Of course it was my fault because they immediately saw a blank cheque. Even my wife suggested I give them something and send them on their way. Instead, out came the mobile. Once I asked if anyone in the croud knows the number for the police, the area cleared quicker than you could imagine.

Remember, most Thais are not legal themselves and they want to avoid the MIB at all costs. Also, because of the Thai way, they are for the most part brought up to fear anyone with authority.

Sometimes, when you're dealing with matters in Thailand, you have to think...................(see my signature)
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact