Australian visa for my brother

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
deepee
Guru
Guru

Re: Australian visa for my brother

Post by deepee »

Hello jpasco23,
just wondering if you have any links to that migration consultation service offering help to asians migrate/work in Australia ? You know the one with the local Thai contact??
I won't name them here as that might just the perfect plug for them.
Complexity is so simply overrated
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

You cannot just arrive in Australia and find a job, it is not allowed, you have to have a offer of employment so you can obtain a work visa. If no work visa you get a tourist visa and cannot work.

Your neighbor is 100% wrong.

You can however get a Working Holiday visa, but this is very limited.

Study the following link and it explains everything you need to know. Australia is very very strict on who can work there.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

A while ago, I took a flight from Australia to Singapore.
The young German lady sitting next to me soon told me her sad story.
She was being deported from Australia (back to Germany), and that there we two others like her on the flight.
She said they were well treated being given single rooms overnight in a detention centre, (I remember she said she was even provided with a clean nightdress).
She had arrived on a tourist visa but during questioning, they called the address she provided on the immigration form and found out she intended to work; result deportation on next flight back to country of origin.
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

What Steve P says is absolutely correct.

There is a tv program called "Border Security: Australia's Front Line" shown on Discovery/Nat Geo type channels (I am sure you'll be able to find episodes on Youtube)... it's full of examples like John D mention of people spending a night in a detention centre and being deported back to where their flight departed from because their phone or their certificates in their baggage or their lack of funds showed that they intended to work on a tourist visa. Not only do you get deported back to where you came from, you get a ban from reentering for a good few years too.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

I do not know any agents however I am sure a web search will come up with many.

Remember that Australia has approved employment categories and if your prospective employment is not on that list then forget it you will not get a work visa. the link to the list is below.

I lived in Oz for 8 years initially going on a sponsored 452 business visa (work), I am an electrical engineer. When applying for permanent residency I was refused as the authorities said there were many electrical engineers on the unemployment register, I was given 4 weeks to sell up and leave. It took representation at the highest level from a major international company who were sponsoring me to make them understand that my field had few suitable people in the country. In the end they accepted my application for PR.

http://www.visabureau.com/australia/ski ... -list.aspx
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
deepee
Guru
Guru

Post by deepee »

hi there jpasco23 ,
was waiting to see how long before you gave that web site a plug cause after all you work for them don't you Joe .
That friend who supposedly gave you that info was in fact you MrJoe and you are very knowledgeable in the visa application business aren't you.
I would suggest that anyone contemplating using this visa agent give them a big miss for being deceptive for a start.
Many people get ripped off by these sorts of guys trying to get a visa to OZ as has been shown in the Australian media recently.
if you cannot get a visa thru the official channels you are unlikely to get one thru them after handing over what some people have claimed as being their whole life savings for agent's fees.
Be super cautious of any company that just has an office in a brief case and does not give out a hard stand business address in their propaganda too or maybe they just a post office box in some place like Tasmania.
Complexity is so simply overrated