Borrowing 'Show' Money to Obtain Visa

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Re: Borrowing 'Show' Money to Obtain Visa

Post by dundrillin »

I agree . At immigration they examined my bank statement closely. It’s not a hassle if that’s the rules fair enough. It’s only a matter of time before they require proof of medical insurance in my opinion. That will be problematic for those with a dodgy medical history, possibly in that scenario they will be required to deposit a substantial bond. If that happens they can blame the many individuals who do not pay their medical bills.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I made a mistake one time--went to bank got a bank letter. Then went to ATM drew out 5000b stupidly updated bank book. Went to IMM and bank book and letter showed 5000 difference--so back to bank get a new letter. Another day in my life wasted.
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Post by T.O.M. »

dundrillin wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:00 pm I agree . At immigration they examined my bank statement closely. It’s not a hassle if that’s the rules fair enough. It’s only a matter of time before they require proof of medical insurance in my opinion. That will be problematic for those with a dodgy medical history, possibly in that scenario they will be required to deposit a substantial bond. If that happens they can blame the many individuals who do not pay their medical bills.
As for the many individuals not paying their medical bills = Thai xenophobic propaganda.
In 2015 2.81 million foreigners visited Thai hospitals and contributed around 150 billion bath to the Thai economy...Sure the kingdom will survive if a small percentage not pay their bills...

The solution: Every traveler to Thailand pays a fee of 100 baht (with their ticket) to a fund for situations, where an traveler not can pay his way.
With 35 million tourists yearly, the fund will receive 3.5 billion baht per year.....Enough to cover the above expenses and Thai officials with sticky fingers... :duck: :duck:
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

So tourists pay for uninsured ex-pats?
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

That's the best idea I have heard yet to make even more people stop taking out insurance. Just tell them that everyone pays 100 baht at point of entry into a fund to cover those not insured. Yeahhhh what a saving, not need to insure, they have a fund to cover those not insured. I think there might be a tiny flaw in your plan T.O.M, like human behaviour :mrgreen:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

dundrillin wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:36 pm So tourists pay for uninsured ex-pats?
Sounds a good deal to me! :D
Talk is cheap
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

If you have a retirement visa none of that applies. I just show my US embassy form that says I have the minimum required monthly income (as stated by me) and they give me another year.

SteveP, there is a minimum. $2000US month.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Do you remember years ago they used to have machines at airports that sold flight insurance--- pay a little and your family picks up a big check if the plane goes down, of course, the family have to know about the policy
So what about machines at the airport before immigration that sell not 100b policy but perhaps 1000b policy.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:banghead: This thread is about borrowing money to obtain visas.

What on earth has it to do with vending machines selling insurance?

:offtopic:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

handdrummer wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:01 am If you have a retirement visa none of that applies. I just show my US embassy form that says I have the minimum required monthly income (as stated by me) and they give me another year.

SteveP, there is a minimum. $2000US month.
65,000 b a month. Upon handing your income affidavit to the immigration officer, he converts USD to THB.
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Post by T.O.M. »

MDMK wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:47 pm That's the best idea I have heard yet to make even more people stop taking out insurance. Just tell them that everyone pays 100 baht at point of entry into a fund to cover those not insured. Yeahhhh what a saving, not need to insure, they have a fund to cover those not insured. I think there might be a tiny flaw in your plan T.O.M, like human behaviour :mrgreen:
Of course the expats not able to pay their hospital bills will have their visa cancelled...and will not be allowed to re enter Thailand before their debt to the fund is settled.
Same for tourists....uninsured, have to use the fund to pay their health-care provider =banned from re entering before their debt is settled.
Those rules will probably make sure that even more travelers make sure, that they have insurance.
The idea with the fund is NOT to protect uninsured foreigners...but to make sure the the local hospitals get paid for their services.
Win/win...
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

T.O.M can you stick to topic or open another thread.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

HarryVardon wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:54 pm I don't quite understand how this can work. I have never used it. I have money in my bank. I go to the bank and ask for a letter of proof which costs me 100 Baht. When I show this letter to immigration they always want to see my bank book which has to show that the money has been there for three months and they insist that the bank book has been updated within the last couple of days to show that the money is still there.
It is simple, the people doing the lending and processing with banks and immigraton know the right people so documents are not required.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali