Requirements for retirement visa HuaHin

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Requirements for retirement visa HuaHin

Post by Hahuahin »

Is there anyone with recent experience who can share their experience on what documents Immigration in Huahin demand in addition to income statement from my Embassy and of course passport when applying for an extension of stay based on retirement. Do I need any picture/map from where I live or documents from my landlord?
Any information welcome. Thank you, Hahuahin. :)
Big Boy

Re: Requirements for retirement visa HuaHin

Post by Big Boy »

I did mine 2 weeks ago. I needed my Passport, Yellow Book, My wife's Blue Book, Embassy Letter, 1 Passport Photo, Completed form and 1900 Baht. I always let the lady at the photocopy machine work out what photocopies are required.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I have mine to do end of this month. I'll do what I've done in the past. TAKE EVERYTHING. Even if you think you don't need it, take it anyway.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Map is required
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Not 2 weeks ago it wasn't.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Still better to take than not to take.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Hahuahin wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:15 pm Is there anyone with recent experience who can share their experience on what documents Immigration in Huahin demand in addition to income statement from my Embassy and of course passport when applying for an extension of stay based on retirement. Do I need any picture/map from where I live or documents from my landlord?
Any information welcome. Thank you, Hahuahin. :)
Nothing new. Document from landlord as well map was required already since several years.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I have never been asked for a map in 16 years.
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

Thanks to everyone for helpful information. Will see if I can make to draw up a map just in case.
Hahuahin
HHCanuck
Professional
Professional

Post by HHCanuck »

HHTel wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:18 pm I have never been asked for a map in 16 years.
Last year I applied for my first retirement visa and they asked me for a map. They said I needed it because I was extending from a marriage visa and wouldn't need it the next time. I will still take one knowing that they change requirement as frequently as their underwear. Like others have said take everything.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

For discussion purposes, would they accept a printout of the below Google map screenshot? If so may be the easiest option rather than try to draw freehand. I think with Google you can find any house address. Pete :cheers:

phpg3DPGrPM.jpg
phpg3DPGrPM.jpg (56.68 KiB) Viewed 789 times
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

For discussion purposes, would they accept a printout of the below Google map screenshot?
Yes, that is what I use.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Print out several and you won't have to do it again.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

I don't think anyone is wrong it is just the chaotic way things are done here, it all depends which officer you are dealing with.

As someone else said take copies of everything that may be asked for, it does no harm and at least then you can finalize with a second visit.

When I first submitted my map they wanted a line drawn from the immigration office along the route to my house, how ridiculous to need that, but you have to give whatever they want.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

As someone else said take copies of everything that may be asked for, it does no harm and at least then you can finalize with a second visit.
What's with this 'second visit'. If you have everything in order, it's done there and then. My last visit was in and out in well under half an hour.