New address registration

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

New address registration

Post by Hahuahin »

Does anyone know what documents are required when registering a new address at Immigration when moving from another province and to a rented property in Hua Hin.

Thank you.
hahuahin
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: New address registration

Post by oakdale160 »

I think that it is ironic. The well-behaved ex-pat with immigration docs all in order goes and registers his new address so that the Thai authorities know where they are. The real deadbeats, alcoholics and/or druggies, are dragging around, visa expired years ago, sleeping rough preying on other ex-pats never report their address, if they have one. Luckily there are almost none like this in HH but Patts and BK are full of them. These are who the Thais should be chasing.
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

Totally agree, Oakdale.

I went to immigration a week ago and (for the first time) they asked me for this. The form you need to fill in is TM30. The nice lady at my local immigration office just spoke to my landlord on the phone, scribbled something on the form, then tore off the bottom part to put in my passport.

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

Thanks to both of you and I see your point oakdale. :|
You must have a special charm Vital Spark when getting so easy and nice treatment :roll:
Anyway don't Immigration usually want a copy of the landlords ID / Tabian Ban etc., when changing address?

hahuahin