Doing 90 day and annual retirement extension at the same time

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
musungu
Professional
Professional

Doing 90 day and annual retirement extension at the same time

Post by musungu »

My 90 day is due on sunday 5 Feb and my annual renewal for retirement falls due on 17 Feb.
I understand that I can renew both either 7 days before or 7 days after the renewal date.
I do not know if it refers to working days or not. It seems to me that the next 7 days after 5 feb would be 12 feb ( Sunday) and the 7 days before the annual date would be 1o feb, that is if Sat and Sundays are counted.

It would seem that I could do both on 10 Feb - this is possible but not ideal for my diary - can anyone lay out the rules please?
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Doing 90 day and annual retirement extension at the same time

Post by Nereus »

musungu wrote:My 90 day is due on sunday 5 Feb and my annual renewal for retirement falls due on 17 Feb.
I understand that I can renew both either 7 days before or 7 days after the renewal date.
I do not know if it refers to working days or not. It seems to me that the next 7 days after 5 feb would be 12 feb ( Sunday) and the 7 days before the annual date would be 1o feb, that is if Sat and Sundays are counted.

It would seem that I could do both on 10 Feb - this is possible but not ideal for my diary - can anyone lay out the rules please?
90 days: from 15 days before to 7 days after the DUE date.

Annual extension: from 30 days before the due date.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

Immigration advised me I could process my annual extension 45 days before the due date, I did not test the 45 day window as I renewed my extension about 15 days before my due date. Separately, my parents were also advised they could renew 45 days prior to due date.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Yes. More and more Imm offices are allowing the 45 day period now. It's good to hear that HH are one of them.
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

THANK YOU all above posters - info is sooooooooo helful, and solves my problem.
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

Since you are going to have to go to immigration anyway for the 90 day why not just take the completed papers you will need for your extension and give them both? I'm pretty sure they will process both for you at the same time. When I was in last month for my extension the officer tore out my 90 day slip (not due for another 30 days or so) and put in a new one for 90 days from that date.