Current Requirements for Renewal of Retirement Extension plus Multi Re-entry

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: Current Requirements for Renewal of Retirement Extension plus Multi Re-entry

Post by migrant »

m_right wrote:
migrant wrote:Just did my first extension from my first O visa, extended from the 90 days to 12 months like others mentioned. Lomuamart's list was everything we had (Yes did need a separate passport copy for multi re-entry). We went with the income letter from the US embassy.

Took about one hour (including wait time) at HH immigration.
I have renewed my retirement O visa many times in Hua Hin. I get an income affidavit from the U.S embassy. I have never been asked for a Thai ministry stamp in the past. Did you have to do that?
Yes, according to the immigration officer in HH he said because it was my first O visa I needed the stamp. Renewing it doesn't require the stamp.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Re: Current Requirements for Renewal of Retirement Extension plus Multi Re-entry

Post by SunandFun »

migrant wrote:
m_right wrote:
migrant wrote:Just did my first extension from my first O visa, extended from the 90 days to 12 months like others mentioned. Lomuamart's list was everything we had (Yes did need a separate passport copy for multi re-entry). We went with the income letter from the US embassy.

Took about one hour (including wait time) at HH immigration.
I have renewed my retirement O visa many times in Hua Hin. I get an income affidavit from the U.S embassy. I have never been asked for a Thai ministry stamp in the past. Did you have to do that?
Yes, according to the immigration officer in HH he said because it was my first O visa I needed the stamp. Renewing it doesn't require the stamp.
In July of last year I was required to get the stamp for my renewal. It would be nice if it was only required the first time as it is a bit of a trek to get to the place where you have to get the stamp.
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to mange their stupidity!
m_right
Guru
Guru

Post by m_right »

If needed. How do I go about getting the stamp? In detail please.
I will be going to the US embassy for the affidavit in a couple weeks.
I hope not two trips to Bangkok.
"Religion is What Keeps the Poor from Murdering the Rich" -- Napoleon Bonaparte
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Post by SunandFun »

m_right wrote:If needed. How do I go about getting the stamp? In detail please.
I will be going to the US embassy for the affidavit in a couple weeks.
I hope not two trips to Bangkok.
I had to go back to my posting history but here it is:
While I was in line waiting for an answer at immigration about this, I received this email from MoFA:
" Dear Sir/Madam,

Regarding to your questions, I would like to inform you that for certifying your Income Verification Letter from the US Embassy In Bangkok, you need to contact us in working time and don't need to make an appointment. Our office is located at Legalization Division, Consular Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, 123 Changwattana Road, Laksi, Bangkok 10210. We open 8.00 a.m. - 3.00 p.m., our services are as following;

Legalization Division, Department of Consular Affairs :
Regular Services : 08:00 -15:00 hrs. Legalization process takes 3 working days since the day of submission
and complete required documents are accepted. Fee 200 baht/stamp.
Express Services : - Legalization of genuine signature and true copy service available during 08:00-12:00 hrs.
- Legalization of translation document service available during 08:00 - 09:00 hrs.
- Collection time : Within the day of submission. Fee 400 baht/stamp.

Regards,
Legalization Division​ "
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to mange their stupidity!
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

The express service is new, found out when I went to stamp my income letter for extending my 90 day to 1 year. But before the wait for the paper was 3 hours for us.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

SunandFun wrote:
migrant wrote:
m_right wrote:
In July of last year I was required to get the stamp for my renewal. It would be nice if it was only required the first time as it is a bit of a trek to get to the place where you have to get the stamp.
Hmmm interesting. I had many people say they didn't ever get a stamp, so I asked the immigration officer in Hua Hin. He said not needed after the first one.

You are right, the ministry office is a real pain!!
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

migrant wrote:
Hmmm interesting. I had many people say they didn't ever get a stamp, so I asked the immigration officer in Hua Hin. He said not needed after the first one.

You are right, the ministry office is a real pain!!
I was told the same thing today. Not needed after the first one.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I'm not sure but it may be to do with an upgrade of visa status - ie visa exempt or tourist visa to Non Imm status. In those instances, I've heard that Imm offices may ask for Ministry of Foreign Affairs confirmation of Embassy letters.
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Post by SunandFun »

lomuamart wrote:I'm not sure but it may be to do with an upgrade of visa status - ie visa exempt or tourist visa to Non Imm status. In those instances, I've heard that Imm offices may ask for Ministry of Foreign Affairs confirmation of Embassy letters.
I was told that it is for any US Income Affidavit. This stamp was needed before you come to immigration. But that was last July. I do not know about any change yet. I was just doing a standard renewal of a retirement visa.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Good point.