Passport now required to use Thai postal service

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
gerryha

Re: Passport now required to use Thai postal service

Post by gerryha »

It seems as stated earlier, there seems no top down instruction on this one. We went to Makro to post a reg letter, no pasport needed.
brianks
Guru
Guru

Post by brianks »

I am surprised to see all the variations of this requirement posted above. Here in Khanom it has been a requirement for many months now to show Thai ID card or for farangs-- Passport or Thai Drivers License. I always show drivers license and is OK. Posted an EMS package at Central Plaza in Surat Thani last week and they got confused as to how to list in their system my Drivers License so pulled out my copy of Passport and that worked. All they need is the picture to varrify ID is for YOU then list numbers and name in system.

Additional security for posting packages so they can find the sender if he is shipping something dangerous or illegal. For once a good idea from the government. I can't help but think if the US postal system did something like this as to what the creeps would say about government tracking people.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

gerryha wrote:It seems as stated earlier, there seems no top down instruction on this one. We went to Makro to post a reg letter, no pasport needed.
That is true as at Makro the post office sign says above 2kg you must show ID
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali