Docs needed for residency certificate

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Docs needed for residency certificate

Post by usual suspect »

It's time to renew my driving licence, so it's also time to go down to H.H.Immigration & buy a residence certificate off them.
But the last time this was done my res.cert. was done at the Highway Police Station, so I'm out of touch with what I
need to submit.
* How many copies do I need to submit of the relevant pages of the 'house book'..?
* Do I need to show the House Book itself..?
* The house is in the wife's name..does she need to be present to sign any other forms to verify this (& that I do actually reside there)..?
(or submit copies of her ID)
* I have downloaded the relevant form needed for a Res.Cert...once filled in do I need copies also..? (How many).
* Photos..? Do I need to submit any..?
* Which pages in my passport need copying..? (I assume the photo pages & the visa page, what about page showing last entry stamp..?)
* Do I need to submit copies of the arrival/departure card..? (if so then how many?)
** Last Q. Is H.H. Immigration open over this weekend..??

Many thanks to you all in advance for any info.. :cheers:

ps..Once done & I'm at the test-centre on Monday morning..my new licences may show me with this black eye :laugh:
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

No idea about res cert, but immi not open until Monday. Maybe you could wear an eye patch for DL?
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Docs needed for residency certificate

Post by HHTel »

The last time I did this was for purchase of a bike. As I do my 90 day reporting at HH Immigration, I didn't need anything but my passport as my address was already verified and on computer.

This was only a few months ago.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

2 photos are needed.

For residency letter don't go in to the main building but go to the portakabin style building on the left of the main building as you are facing the main building. Go round the back and tap on the window and the girl will slide open the window and take your documents. Sit on the bench there and ten minutes later she will open the window and give you your letter. No queuing and very efficient. I've been twice this year already for car and bike purchase and was no longer than ten minutes each time.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

When I went to do it at Cha Am 9 mths ago I took :-
My Passport and a copy of my "o" Visa and a copy of the photo page.
A Letter from Immigration re residence
Doctors medical cert for Driving
The Expired Licence
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Nobody's telling what I have to submit to get the residency certificate..Form- yes.. photos? original house book? copies?
passport copies? What do I need to take to Immigration to actually get a certificate of residence..? :?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

In fairness, I think HHTel did.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

[quote="Pagey"]2 photos are needed.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

A correction to my last post. I did need two photos but other than my passport there was nothing else.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

I've just been trawling thru' past posts in the 'Motoring' section on the forum here, & came across a thread entitled
'Driving licence 5yr renewal'..me thinks..that's worth a look-see seen as that's what I'm about to do..? Well, within this thread is an acount of Nereus's
visit to the Cha-Am district centre for his renewal..it's the funniest tale I've read in quite a while..

...Nereus..Thank you.. :cheers: