visa extensions

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Big Boy

Re: visa extensions

Post by Big Boy »

NOKYAI wrote:15 mins with the help from the volunteer.
:shock: Are they volunteers? I never knew.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

Says so on their badges, that's why a little tip is greatfully received ;-)
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I leave it to Mrs BB so never get close enough to see. However, Mrs BB always leaves a tip, and we always encourage those who we help to leave a tip also.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Little Jon
Novice
Novice

Post by Little Jon »

Hi

I'll be extending in HH in Feb for extra 30 days to a 60 day visa I got in Uk.

Reading through these posts I have 2 questions,

1. where can I get photo(s) done as I don't have any to take this time. Also,

2. where exactly is the visa office - sounds like it's moved? I'm probably arriving by train to get it all sorted in a day. Can I walk there or need transport?

Many thanks - I know this is probably covered elsewhere but I'm reading loads and haven't found it so far!
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

There are plenty of places in town to get the photos done. I always use the Kodak shop on the western side of Petchkasem Road, just north of Chomsin Road. (They can be done at Imm as well but I don't know how much they cost and I prefer to get in and out of there asap).
If you don't take a taxi/motorbike taxi to the office, jump on a songthaew from the night market heading north and get off at soi 19 (which is a couple of sois after Index on the other side of the road). Walk down soi 19 as far as you can and turn right at the bottom. Imm is maybe 0.5 km further along on your right. 5 min walk from Petchkasem. Office isn't really walkable from town.
albaker

Post by albaker »

Is the immigration place wheelchair accessible ?
Also do you have to apply in person or can somebody with all relevant documents go and apply on your behalf ?
Travelling with my parents who can get a 90 day visa , OAP , I can only get a 60 day visa and have been informed , Consulate London , that I have to apply for an extension in Thailand .Hope to stay for 80 days in Cha Am and the best option is for a third person to get it for me , wheelchair accessible vehicles far and very few between .
Elena
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Elena »

albaker wrote:Is the immigration place wheelchair accessible ?
Also do you have to apply in person or can somebody with all relevant documents go and apply on your behalf ?
Travelling with my parents who can get a 90 day visa , OAP , I can only get a 60 day visa and have been informed , Consulate London , that I have to apply for an extension in Thailand .Hope to stay for 80 days in Cha Am and the best option is for a third person to get it for me , wheelchair accessible vehicles far and very few between .

I am sure a wheel chair is accessible cause I came in August with the baby stroller (going to the immigration office again next week) and I didn't have any problem. On the left of the office there is a ramp.