eea family permit

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
cheeky geordie chappie
Rookie
Rookie

eea family permit

Post by cheeky geordie chappie »

ifyou are having trouble getting your wife (not girlfriend) to europe, you may be able to get your wife a eea family permit, which will give her right of abode in european country.
there is only one dissadvantage before you get your hopes up, you must be resident in another european country , not the one of your birth.

e.g. if you are english, legally living in sweden you can get yourpermit in a matter of days.

if you are british and trying to get your wife a residence card or visa you know the problems, but if you are british and also hold a passport from the republic of ireland, you can get her into u.k. on your irish passport.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Thanks for the info.
However, if like me, you're married to a Thai woman and have been living here for 7 years already, why would I ever consider taking her back to the UK to live? A holiday, fair enough, but a visit visa won't be a problem for that now. She's my wife.
As for having to be resident of another country to achieve this, I reckon I'll stick with my homeland if necessary.
cheeky geordie chappie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cheeky geordie chappie »

thanx for the reply, however i have only been married for a couple of months andi am commited to being in europe for the next 6 years.
i havecome to thailand 3 times this year and i have got to balance my life with my work, hence the fact that i am getting my wife to come and stay with me.
all i was saying was that i found a much easier way of getting this done.
of course this will not apply to people who are settled in thailand, but for us who have still got commitments back in europe this could be a good bit of information, especially asthe resettlement costs nothing as opposed to 260 pounds.