A question about Writers

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Bardic
Rookie
Rookie

A question about Writers

Post by Bardic »

While I am retired and have a more than comfortable income from other means, I still make a decent amount of money as a writer.
Does writng for profit count as needing a work permit when I finally get moved to HH?
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Whilst I'm not really up to speed with wp's, I don't think you'll have much of a problem. It may depend on what sort of writing and who pays you. IE, if you're a journalist, you'll probably need a wp. If you write books and are paid by a forign publisher and pay goes into a forign account that you draw on here, I doubt you'd need one. Who's to know anyway?
There will probably be others better able to advise you.
buksida

Post by buksida »

As far as I'm aware if you get paid from overseas into an account overseas then you dont need a work permit.

If you plan to work in Thailand as a journalist or foriegn correspondent you need a non-immigrant M visa, Thai press card and work permit ..... a motherload of paperwork!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Bardic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Bardic »

Thanks!
I am primarily a novelist so I guess the work permit won't be needed.
That's a relief.