Getting a Thai Girlfriend

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
golferstu

Getting a Thai Girlfriend

Post by golferstu »

All this talk about love, valentine's, and girlfriends, has made me all fluttery and light-headed.

Is there any proven way of getting and keeping a Thai girlfriend?

I come from a pretty rough break up relationship with my wife for well over 20 years. Me and her did everything together, from rearing two healthy (now adult) children, to establishing and drifting a most successful advertising firm.

The break-up was clean, provisionary, with no hard feelings involved from any of said parties. We said our thanks, and split up, and went our separate ways like matured out shrub tree leaves drifting away in the moist autumn breeze.

Needless to say there was a lot of romantic feelings involved. Not so much commitment as there was no real need for us to be possessive or jealous of each other. We had a very healthy relationship. That is how i would describe it.

Now how about getting a Thai girl? I do not need help getting the actual girl, as i can do that on my own. I would like some helpful tips, and perhaps a nice story of how you and your Thai girl initially met, or connected with each other.
brianks
Guru
Guru

Re: Getting a Thai Girlfriend

Post by brianks »

When you find a good one you will feel it. Treat them nice and if they return in kind. Trust is a big issue and if you can trust her and she you then your on your way.

I could not be happier with my Thai wife because she keeps me happy and I keep her happy after 9 years. A Two way street.
golferstu

Post by golferstu »

When you find a good one you will feel it.

Good in what way? Everything is good in one way or another.
Your talking is incoherent.
I cannot understand you.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Stu or is that Sid, if you have already been married then you know how to do this so there is no need to ask.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
golferstu

Post by golferstu »

Just from observation alone i can tell that it is pretty common to have a Thai girlfriend.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

golferstu wrote:Just from observation alone i can tell that it is pretty common to have a Thai girlfriend.
What a stupid comment
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
golferstu

Post by golferstu »

StevePIraq wrote:What a stupid comment

In what way exactly?

Stop joking here, please.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

:troll:
golferstu

Post by golferstu »

You guys, I am hoping for a meaningful discussion here.
Please don't reply if you do not have anything sensible to say or post.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

i do not have anything sensible to say or post (Hope everybody else feels the same way.)
deepee
Guru
Guru

Post by deepee »

...........................................,..................., ................... !
deepee
Complexity is so simply overrated
Jimbob
Legend
Legend

Post by Jimbob »

Once you get one know that thai girlfriends come with commitments to their family that has to factored in just where her priorities are
golferstu

Post by golferstu »

What commitments?

I understand it this way: If you marry a woman you pay a certain dowry to the family of the bride.
But that's too far off in the future. I am not getting married, only for friendship, feelings and sex, at first. If things work out then maybe you get married again.
eatuae

Post by eatuae »

Who is this bloke? He can't be serious. Every post is so so weird
Felipesed1
Professional
Professional

Post by Felipesed1 »

I really think that admin should do some housekeeping, and clean out the trolls (I think it is only 1 or 2).