Where did you meet your girlfriend or wife?

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
jednakropka
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jednakropka »

Hello,

We all see thai-farang copuples in HH ( I am sure some members here have a Thai GF or wife).
Sometimes looking at them is very obvious where they met, other times is not.
Would you be so kind and share where have you met your other half?
I believe replies like these for some people can be very helpful.
I am asking because I am simply curious.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Where did you meet your girlfriend or wife?

Post by dtaai-maai »

jednakropka wrote: I believe replies like these for some people can be very helpful.
How? :?
This is the way
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

Why on earth would it be helpful to anybody to know that I met my wife while she worked as a cleaning lady in a guest-house in Hua Hin?

Was this really a very helpful and useful information to you?
Please let me know why this is helpful info!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

jednakropka wrote:Hello,

Sometimes looking at them is very obvious where they met, other times is not.

Would you be so kind and share where have you met your other half?
Always dangerous to make assumptions based on your own 'interpretation' without knowing the facts.

But, if you have a wife or partner from Thailand, perhaps you could start first?
Talk is cheap
gerryha

Post by gerryha »

Gosh, cant for my life of me think why guys are being so cagey
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

gerryha wrote:Gosh, cant for my life of me think why guys are being so cagey
It is the very provocative OP:
looking at them is very obvious where they met
It is obvious the poster has already decided, and the post is no more than trolling.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

It's a bloody stupid question with an easy answer......the same sort of places you would meet a future wife/ girlfriend in Farangland!

A more positive question would be how long have you been together? In my case as long as any relationship in the UK!
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Big Boy wrote:
gerryha wrote:Gosh, cant for my life of me think why guys are being so cagey
It is the very provocative OP:
looking at them is very obvious where they met
It is obvious the poster has already decided, and the post is no more than trolling.
I don't think the OP is trolling. I think that's just his way of saying "no need to reply if you met her in a bar', as we all know that that's a way you can meet a girl and therefore that information isn't "useful" in whatever way the OP is hoping it will be (ok, I am still scratching my head as to how it can be "useful" - unless it's for ideas about where to meet girls, in which case he may have been a bit more forthcoming).

To answer the original question: at a train station. Hope that helped :)
jednakropka
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jednakropka »

"But, if you have a wife or partner from Thailand, perhaps you could start first?"

I met my girlfriend in a sport club. She is Professor at Hua Hin University.

"It's a bloody stupid question"

This is a normal question and almost the same to one which you can meet on other fourms, blog, sites "what is the best way to meet someone"
In my humble opinion I think this question maybe even better because is proven by those who reply that it works.

" I am still scratching my head as to how it can be "useful""

It can be helpful because many people come to Thailand to meet someone. And many of those people know little about Thailand and culture here.
Many of them read forums like this before coming or just after coming.

"It is obvious the poster has already decided, and the post is no more than trolling."

Old, fat, neglected farang looking like alcoholic near him lady 20 years younger with a rough look, many big tattoos on her body, strong make up and clothes style which is far from what normal thai girl`s. I guess I should think they met in a library.

About some grumpy people here (some people here very nice).
If I asked this question on other forum where younger people come it would not be anything wrong.
Here is quite obvious that some people have very low self esteem and some do not want to remember where they met GF/Wife. Do not worry we all know where you met her when you walk together in the street.

We all have seen old guys in our home countries who do not catch with changing reality.
Technology become too difficult, life go too fast,... they understand less and less and become more confused with every passing day.
It is a scientific fact that mind older people become less flexible with their age and their habits often work against them.
If you take an old person and put him in a different country he will understand even less. Unless he works on developing his mind.
I have seen old guys who live here for years and do not understand really nothing about this country.
Other Thais simply laugh at them behind their back - to me it is sad to see that.
They believe that 15 plus age difference is normal in relationship here while statistics say that is only some years between Thai couples.
Just ask any teacher weather his pupils want an old guy.
Old farang and much younger lady is always considered by other Thais as a prostitute or person who needed money or wanted to improve life (still some kind of a prostitute)
Just ask your direct, honest Thai friends?
Anyway in your country people will look at it the same way.

Some farangs believe that Thai ladies like old foreign guys. 99% of Thai women are not even into farangs (any age of farang).
I mean women who are desirable and not rejected by Thai men.
Most Thai women who choose farangs do this because they had no choice.
Ask what they think about Thai men they always tell you they are not good.
As my Thai female friend said they say this because they know the have no chance with Thai men, only what they can get is a guy from the very low bottom.
They are resentful and take what they had to take, what seems a better option.
My advice instead of reading some of your old friends here with low self esteem do yourself a favour and read article by this educated guy.
He deals with Thais every day. I personally spent 99.9% of time with Thais too and I tell you honestly many things he mentioned I have heard many times from Thais.
I am in my thirties and I have many Thai friends in the twenties and thirties. Because my age is very similar it is easy for them to have see me as a friend as we have more in common than with older people.
How many have you seen in your country friends in the age 20 something and 40-60 something? When you was twenty did you want 40 or 50 years old friend, GF? Did you thought people at your
parents age are cooler than younger people?
Young people prefer young people as friends, girlfriends, wives (some older is okay but no much). Thailand is the country where aesthetic taste is very high. Look how Women very well-dressed here , look who people consider attractive in TV, newspaper etc. You quickly realize that an old farang cannot be attractive to them physically when money is not involved.
If you are old it will be very difficult for them to see you other way than older guy and they do not tell you what they really think.

The article is about bar girls but it is not for sex tourist.
http://www.thethailandlife.com/thai-bar-girls

I will not visit this page any more as I see too much grumpiness. Conversation here learn me nothing so I will not waste my time.
Last advice spend little more time with younger people otherwise one day when you have to move or deal with other younger people you will feel very lonely and deserted by everyone.
Good luck to all.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Sorry I've changed my mind. The OP was quite clearly trolling!
Felipesed1
Professional
Professional

Post by Felipesed1 »

Trolling and lying!
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Post by dalmatiandave »

Yes, I have to say when people, who are 'supposedly' young, start to spout statistics and 'facts' aimed mainly at older farangs with an arrogance and air of rudeness I tend to lose interest as it is just stereotyping and I have read it all before.

I usually find these guys are found out as nothing more than a rejected monger who has been found wanting while the rest of us just get on with our lives in private.

Better if the OP didn't just refrain from this thread but kept completely off the board if he is only here to substantiate his shallow existence by being condescending to others.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Yup, an arrogant, pompous twit who clearly believes he is mightier than thou.
Talk is cheap
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

jednakropka wrote:I will not visit this page any more as I see too much grumpiness. Conversation here learn me nothing so I will not waste my time.
Pleased you will not be wasting any more of your of your time here but more importantly you will not be wasting any of my time. What an arrogant ill infomed, self opinionated cretin. Bye and dont rush back soon!
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
jimk
Amateur
Amateur

Post by jimk »

Your 'professor' girlfriend is having you on, mate. There is no such place as Hua Hin University.