Full Moon Party

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Full Moon Party

Post by GLCQuantum »

Takiap wrote:.Actually, they can be a bit of a let down if you are expecting something similar to what you can find in Europe. :oops:

:cheers:
I was fortunate to enjoy my 'party years' in the homeland of raves - the Uk. Have been to many an illegal rave in London. Derelict theaters, hotels, office buildings... you name it.

Unfortunately, when crusty techno hippies moved aside for black drum 'n bass rude boys, things started getting quite dangerous inside. Muggings, beatings and worse started happening in front of you quite often. No law of course once you enter. Free parties (outside illegal raves) were still decent though. Even pulled off a couple of my own in a forest area of Fleet - many noise complaints from residents living on the outskirts of the forest :D . Tourists still flock from all over, just to experience our 'squat parties'. Only The Dutch could come anywhere close to it.

So yes, would probably be a let down if you've experienced the real thing.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

I've been to about as many forest parties in the UK as I have full-moon parties in Thailand and they're completely different, both fantastic fun in their own ways... I never once felt 'let down' by a full-moon party because I never expected it to be anything like a forest rave.
Yelnats
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Yelnats »

Always wanted to go full moon party.. but it's a hassle to get there. Heard that there's afew drug related incidents there, not sure if its true.