Presents for thai ladies

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Re: Presents for thai ladies

Post by bsdk1960 »

Big Boy wrote:
bsdk1960 wrote:^^ yes so long you add the word expensive I think it's fine :D

:cheers: :cheers:
She didn't actually use the word expensive, but quoted a brand name, which is expensive.
Yes your'e right,they only ask for an expensive name :twisted:

:cheers: :cheers:
Roel
Guru
Guru

Post by Roel »

My Thai GF (45) never asks me to buy her perfume when I travel abroad, she orders me to do so. Most of the time I buy her the 'expensive' tax free stuff but once I bought her also cheap perfume from a local pharmacy that was clearing stock (additional 50% discount). I thought if she wouldn't like it the financial loss would be minimal. But she liked that one better than all the tax free brand name stuff I had bought her too.
We are all living in 'the good old days' of the future.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I am surprised about the perfume. I do not remember any young thaï lady using perfume
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Whenever I buy perfume she pays me a token amount for it as she thinks it is bad luck for me to buy it for her.
Similar thing happens when I buy knives for some strange reason.....
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

oakdale160 wrote:I am surprised about the perfume. I do not remember any young thaï lady using perfume
They've seen the adverts! My partner is an avid reader of a Thai glossy magazine that is full of advertising for high end products and perfume is cheaper than a Rolex or a Bentley.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Gregjam wrote:Whenever I buy perfume she pays me a token amount for it as she thinks it is bad luck for me to buy it for her.
Similar thing happens when I buy knives for some strange reason.....
That way it's not really a present - it's a bargain buy. :D
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Knives are weird concerning giving and taking. I've been told people never give a knife as a gift, as the person receiving may come back and kill you with it. I don't know the legend or details behind this, but the fear is real apparently. To get out from under any "curse", a person will give a token payment so it's not really a gift, but a purchase.

I think the Thai wives would be glad to explain it all in detail if asked. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

just a few remarks I heard from thai ladies, to be taken with a pinch of salt of course!!!
- perfume : do you think she stinks ?
- soaps and toiletries : do you think she is not clean ?
- jewelry from Dubai for instance : do you think she is cheap ?
- flowers : do you think she is Buddha ?
- food specialities from your country : do you think thai eat farang food ?
- teddy bears, cuddlies : do you think she is a child ? (she's got tons already!)
ah but a nice wallet full of big notes with no strings that should just about do it
very nice day to all
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Lovely one Joelle, but don't say it too loud as I am sure there are many women who would use this against their unsuspecting partners. Perhaps they will start asking for the same type of gift that would keep a Thai lady happy.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

:thumb: :clap: :laugh: :dance: :dance: :dance:
2week millionire
Novice
Novice

Post by 2week millionire »

This is my very FIRST POST please be kind. Been coming (prehaps visting is better) to Hua Hin since 2003 twice a year love the place. I find that Hua Hin ladies like any present clothes, make up etc even ask for Aussie stuff kangaroo koala. I can then say "see I not forget you" Regards 2week millionire