Too much insulting

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Re: Too much insulting

Post by MrPlum »

Pacman wrote:... instead of talking about the perfume he was looking across my head to my girlfriend and being asked me.

'If I buy this and the girl for free!?!'
He has already been tried and convicted by the forum so I'm probably on a hiding to nothing here but are you sure this wasn't just a cultural misunderstanding?

This kind of comment is standard British humour. He probably thought he was being funny and didn't know she was your girlfriend. Since you aren't familiar with this kind of humour, you took it literally and was offended.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Too much insulting

Post by dtaai-maai »

Oh come off it, Mr Plum!
MrPlum wrote:
Pacman wrote:... instead of talking about the perfume he was looking across my head to my girlfriend and asked me 'If I buy this and the girl for free!?!'
He has already been tried and convicted by the forum...
Read the thread before you make silly comments like that. Quite a few posters suggested only that the OP was hawking his wares in the wrong place and should have expected something along those lines. Most didn't feel a need to post at all - at least, not until your bizarre little contribution.

Besides, there really isn't anything to defend in the farang's behaviour as reported.
This kind of comment is standard British humour. He probably thought he was being funny and didn't know she was your girlfriend. Since you aren't familiar with this kind of humour, you took it literally and was offended.
Standard British humour? Only if you're looking for a smack in the mouth.

And you wonder why you don't get taken seriously.
This is the way