GIRLFRIEND SAYS ITS OVER AFTER 2 AND HALF YEARS

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
kirkyboy

GIRLFRIEND SAYS ITS OVER AFTER 2 AND HALF YEARS

Post by kirkyboy »

Need some expert advice. My mate has had a caddy girlfriend for 2/ and half years, very happy together, set her house up- TV,Fridge, Air Con , Bed, Surround sound, Lounge suite etc, she was sleeping on the floor before he met her. Did everything together.Everything going great till last trip, she told him - lost all feeling for you, I need time to think. Ok he said, back to Australia. He tried ringing her but she was hesitant to talk and then after a week or so she changed her number. He was going around in circles, was shattered to the point losing weight, not sleeping etc. We all thought this was a friendship forever. We were all fooled. How could she be so cruel to him after all this time as not to even tell him it was over. He was sending over big money every week and she took it everytime. Last time he spoke to her she said you can have everything back I no need these things. I am confused and would like some other views on this. I think I know the answer but!!!!!
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Re: GIRLFRIEND SAYS ITS OVER AFTER 2 AND HALF YEARS

Post by Henry 14th »

A common story I think. She's probably found someone else as it is difficult for Thais (or anyone for that matter) to be alone for large chunks if the year.

I'm sure things would be fine he he lived with her on a permanent basis, but if that is not possible due to work etc the I would suggest that your friend cuts he losses and moves on.

If he's able to retire over here later in life then he has a much better chance of things working out with someone he finds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

An all too familiar story.......and it won't be the last time we hear it.

Often girls that have a "boyfriend" who doesn't live here permenantly will keep her options open and possibly live multiple lives as there is always pressure to acquire money, with the sources of said money needn't always stand up well to ethical scrutiny.

Using Facebook/email etc. too much is a major red flag as well as it is one of the easiest ways to keep alive however many "options" she is currently nurturing. Not all girls are like this but many are and they do it to Thai guys too. Little bit like caution should be exercised in relationships with hot girls who are good at pool and like drinking and shopping.

Guys need to remember that these girls can sometimes be very mercenary and that if it goes 'tits-up' then best thing to do is walk away, plenty (bewildering numbers of really) more options round the next corner if you dig Thai girls.

Many girls have a perpensity to have short memories here and you should never spend any more money in Thailand than you can comfortably walk away from at a drop-of-a-hat...................certainly in the first 5-6 years of knowing them anyhow.

Tell your mate to mark it down to experience and next time he'll be more wised-up. However, having said that it's always a gamble to get involved in a relationship........nothing new there.

As an aside, you mate's girlfriend is a caddie........she must meet loads of rich guys everyday and have a constant stream of offers. Not a huge surprise she might trade in for greener pastures and a girlfriend being a caddie is not the ideal job for a possible future wife. Apologies if that sounds a bit blunt but you do have to be realistic and not have too many expectations.
Last edited by Spitfire on Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
alleykat
Professional
Professional

Post by alleykat »

This backs up the old cliche; 'Money doesn't buy love'.

As for sleeping on the floor, she may have preferred that as she could have been bought up sleeping on the floor.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Sad for your friend but remember--YAPFS. -- You always pay for sex--- try to shop more wisely next time.
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Post by Frank La Rue »

Long distance relationships with Thai ladies have the inherent likelyhood of failing, I think. The posts already made sum up why.
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
m_right
Guru
Guru

Post by m_right »

He should be grateful for 2/ and half years of happiness. All things end eventually.
"Religion is What Keeps the Poor from Murdering the Rich" -- Napoleon Bonaparte
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Yes a common story, and if we are honest, it's one which is by no means unique to Thai/Farang relationships. I also wonder if she maybe felt that he wasn't willing to commit by getting married. To be honest, I have a hard time thinking of people who have stayed together their entire lives. And, of those who do, many just end in a relationship of convenience.

Age also plays a big role. Younger girls are still able to attract guys whereas older women might think twice before straying. On top of that, in Thailand families can put a huge amount of pressure on their daughters, and no matter what their daughters do, you the Farang will always be the one to blame. You are never "really" accepted by the entire family.

Tell your mate to lighten up and find himself another pearl.
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Also, if she has a new guy, he is lucky that she is not playing a double header, taking money from both sides and by the way, No way that she would give up his payment unless she is getting more from Number2
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Post by Frank La Rue »

Just to understand the picture - is she still living in your mates house in HH or did she move out? or is th ehouse in her name so she can keep it?
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
kirkyboy

Post by kirkyboy »

She is living in a small house but he was paying the rent, electricity etc, He has come to the conclusion that its over and is now starting to look alsewhere now. I sad story but as we all know, Thais are different thinking people to us farangs. Never ever thought she would do this, a lot of money she will not be getting but as you say, she may well get
offers from rich farangs whilst caddying all the time. A good wake up for future relationships with Thai girls. He will be treating them differently next time. One down, now for the next chapter in LOS.
Roel
Guru
Guru

Post by Roel »

I would not call her cruel at all as she is relatively honest about her feelings and indicates she is not interested in keeping the stuff your friend bought her.

Only reason I can think of is as others mentioned that she met someone else. Being a caddy it could be another farang but in my experience most of the time it is a Thai. Contrary to popular believe the average Thai woman prefers love to money. Besides that not all Thai men are broke. Most have perhaps much less than the average farang but most of the time they have enough to provide and if she loves the guy she will not mind sleeping on the floor and eating insects again. I have seen it happen many times.

If your friend is keen to know what exactly is going on I suggest he contacts one of his girlfriend's lady friends or a colleague. Ask her to go talk to her. Your friend must make clear that if she has fallen in love with someone else that he will understand and he will not be angry as these things happen but he likes to know. Most of the time they completely open up if you use a third party who as the Thais say "speak good".
We are all living in 'the good old days' of the future.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Roel wrote:I would not call her cruel at all as she is relatively honest about her feelings and indicates she is not interested in keeping the stuff your friend bought her.
I quite agree. As for not telling him, "I've lost all feeling for you and need time to think" must surely have given him a rough idea of the way things were likely to pan out?
kirkyboy wrote:We were all fooled.
No, just wrong.
This is the way
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

Reminds me of this story:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22854

GN.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

oakdale160 wrote:Sad for your friend but remember--YAPFS. -- You always pay for sex--- try to shop more wisely next time.
Sounds like the guy is distraught and that being the case I highly doubt he's broken up over the fact that he's not getting laid anymore.