Thai Ingenuity

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
PeteC

Thai Ingenuity

Post by PeteC »

Good one taken from Coconuts. Can't fault them for not thinking "off their feet"! :laugh: Maybe try it next time in a line at a hospital, drivers license bureau etc. :idea:
shoe.jpeg
shoe.jpeg (16.96 KiB) Viewed 1345 times
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Re: Thai Ingenuity

Post by PeteC »

Please use this thread to list any other strange but innovative ideas you've witnessed from your travels/life here. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Gérard
Professional
Professional

Post by Gérard »

prcscct wrote:Good one taken from Coconuts. Can't fault them for not thinking "off their feet"! :laugh: Maybe try it next time in a line at a hospital, drivers license bureau etc. :idea:
shoe.jpeg
I have never seen that but it is is quite interesting.
Nice picture, thanks !
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I've seen this picture before with a description that it was in thePhilippines
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

The old builder-man working on our house in Issan sends the youth up the ladder to hammer in a big nail.
Bam, Bam, Bam, Bleuk!..the nail folds!
Youth comes down ladder & gets another nail..then back up there...same thing happens..about 5 times!! :banghead:

All the while the old man at the base of the ladder is rolling a fag for himself..he's got his papers, he's also got his tobaccco in a small plastic bag..spliff rolled, lit up, 1st draw, contenment for the old fella. :D

The willey old man now gets another nail for the youth, tears off a strip of plastic from his 'Baccy-bag', &
folds it around the tip of the nail..offers it to our spotty youth, & beckons him up the ladder 1 more time.

Youth reluctantly tries yet again to get a damn nail thru' these 2 planks.. :banghead:

Away goes the hammer again..Bam, Bam, Bam ,Bam. BAM!!
Wayhay!..the nail is right up & job done.. :)

Old man turns to me with a toothless grin, fag still in his mouth & shows me his baccy-bag..

..then with his limited command of English utters one word..SILICONE. :naughty: :thumb:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Here's the original photo and article from Coconuts. My eyes aren't the best but it looks like Thai script on the window to me, and a few other hints like the blue donation box on the counter etc. Seems it is a genuine Thailand pic.

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/03/03/f ... unch-break
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

Nice chair....
GN.
Attachments
2014-04-18 13.21.37 (Medium).jpg
2014-04-18 13.21.37 (Medium).jpg (44.97 KiB) Viewed 904 times
Teerapan
Rookie