"Magical" Thai Buddhist Tattoos , why do older thai hate

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
kurbatskiy
Novice
Novice

Re: "Magical" Thai Buddhist Tattoos , why do older thai hate

Post by kurbatskiy »

Chard wrote:As I said, the ritual of getting a "magical" Buddhist Tattoo by a master at a temple, usually a rank 1. Seem very common for Thai's between 20-30.

But over that many Thai people show you disrespect for that particular type of tattoos. Even though only Buddhist should have them. I'm slowly filling up my body. Back is done.
Have the "king tattoo" youngest person in Thailand to wear it and a legit one made by master mûk at Huay Sai Thai (Spelling) (Near Palm Hill, between Cha-Am and Hua Hin)

I know back in the days, it was gang related, marking of what gang you were in. But this day and age. They are same like having your medallions for protections but on body while fighting Muay Thai for an example.
So why so much hate?

As I walked down on the beach in Hua Hin the other day, at least 30 Thai's wanted to take a photo of my tattoo that the royal highness the king himself wear and as I said, I'm youngest in Thailand to wear it. But why do older hate them?

Anyone that can explain?

Recently British photographer was deported because he had Buddha's tattoo. They consider that Buddha's tattoos can show the disrespectful attitude to Thais :shock: :shock:
http://tattoo-journal.com/60-significan ... itual-way/