Vietnam Visa

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
holidaymaker
Rookie
Rookie

Vietnam Visa

Post by holidaymaker »

I'm off to Hanoi this weekend is it still possible to enter without a visa if you a british passport. only staying 3 nights
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Re: Vietnam Visa

Post by Pagey »

Google will get you the answer in a few seconds.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
johnjar
Guru
Guru

Post by johnjar »

Pagey...The guy was asking a simple question, and there must be many members who know the answer ? Why answer like that.
buksida

Post by buksida »

:agree: No help whatsoever, people come to this forum for answers and advice. :roll:

According to the UK govt website UK passport holders can enter for up to 15 days without a visa, confirmed on the Vietnam govt website:

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... quirements
https://vietnamvisa.govt.vn/united-kingdom-citizens/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

johnjar wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:24 pm Pagey...The guy was asking a simple question, and there must be many members who know the answer ? Why answer like that.
Members know more than the government website?

As proved with Buksidas answer he's googled it which the op could have done.

Yes Buksida people come to this forum for help and advice but his question would be better answered by the correct authorities by using a search engine just as you did.

Man in pub circa 1987.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Pagey wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:48 pm Google will get you the answer in a few seconds.
OK, things have changed a lot since, but when I went to Vietnam 3 years ago there was so much contradictory information on Google, I almost gave up. It was back in the day when we had helpful members on this forum (we still have a few left, thankfully), and it was their help and encouragement that saw me through.

If I had relied on Google, I would never have visited Vietnam.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Ridiculous answer. You would trust a reply on a forum rather than the government website?

If the op had asked where to get a motorbike seat re covered in Hua Hin etc he would have got a different answer.

Man in pub circa 1987.
johnjar
Guru
Guru

Post by johnjar »

Pagey wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:10 pm Ridiculous answer. You would trust a reply on a forum rather than the government website?

If the op had asked where to get a motorbike seat re covered in Hua Hin etc he would have got a different answer.
Pagey the person asked a question simple, if you don't have a answer, say nowt. Not a snide remark.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

John jar, you should take your own advice.

Man in pub circa 1987.
johnjar
Guru
Guru

Post by johnjar »

Relax pagey it was just a a comment you made about a post requiring info, and your negative response. Take a chill :)
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

johnjar wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:59 pm Relax pagey it was just a a comment you made about a post requiring info, and your negative response. Take a chill :)
I am relaxed and it was far from being a negative response, it gave him where to find the answer. :cheers:

Man in pub circa 1987.
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

A friend of mine went a couple of weeks ago and, yes, the UK is one of a list of countries that do not need a visa to enter Vietnam. As Buksida said, you can stay up to 2 weeks. One thing to note is that you cannot do this more than 1 time within a month.
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

I booked flights in and out of Vietnam a few weeks ago.
At that time, the Embassy website said 'visa free entry for 15 days' expires on 13 June 2018 (for British passport holders).
Got a feeling that it was like something that was done annually, so may be it will get extended for another year.

Just got back from Cambodia - had to pay USD30 for a visa on arrival, and the trip used up about one and half pages in my passport.
That is a turn off to any future visits, plus everything is priced in USD and accordingly more expensive than say Thailand.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

As usual some ridiculous questions. You can ask an advise, a travel experience to forum members but for that kind of information nothing better than Google or the VN official visa site.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I will say it again - 3 years ago, on Google, travel to Vietnam brought up all types of scams and government warnings. It was a minefield. I had all but given up, until I received sound information from those who had recently done it.

The thread will still be here somewhere. I've no idea if Google will help now.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18