Hua Hin - Pattaya ferry service news and updates

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Big Boy

Re: Hua Hin - Pattaya ferry project news and updates

Post by Big Boy »

Hmmmmm......... The online booking button is just for show at the moment - it doesn't work :cry:

Another Thai website that doesn't actually do what it should :banghead:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

caller wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:57 pm What will happen at the fishing pier though? I noticed they have built a 'terminal' for the ferry there as well? Will that be for fair weather berthing?
I was doing a bit of fishing down there last week and that terminal structure is now empty. The Navy has moved their patrol boat to Khao Takiap as well and trawlers don't offload there, so it seems that a huge concrete structure exists for a handful of people to fish off and for the odd tourist to walk down and ask if you've caught anything!
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

But if you click on "booking online" nothing happens.

Others found it out already.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

STEVE G wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:25 am
caller wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:57 pm What will happen at the fishing pier though? I noticed they have built a 'terminal' for the ferry there as well? Will that be for fair weather berthing?
I was doing a bit of fishing down there last week and that terminal structure is now empty. The Navy has moved their patrol boat to Khao Takiap as well and trawlers don't offload there, so it seems that a huge concrete structure exists for a handful of people to fish off and for the odd tourist to walk down and ask if you've caught anything!
Well, Did you catch anything or not?!
:cheers: :laugh:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Ferry discount advice for this month:
Ferry_Discount.jpg

Points 41; Position 18
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Name Taken wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:22 pm
STEVE G wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:25 am
Well, Did you catch anything or not?!
:cheers: :laugh:
I got a couple but the rod and reel cost me about a thousand baht and at the present rate of success, I should turn a profit in about a year.
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

There is another new website for booking:
https://12go.asia/en/travel/pattaya/hua-hin
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Two new ferry services from Sattahip launching in May

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... ing-in-may

The operator of the Pattaya-Hua Hin ferry service will launch two additional services in May -- Sattahip-Koh Chang, and Sattahip-Hua Hin, Marine Department director-general Sorasak Saensombat said.

The first additional route planned by operator Royal Passenger Liner is between Chuk Samet pier in Sattahip district of Chon Buri and Bang Bao pier on Koh Chang island in Trat province. The service will  connect two seaports on the eastern coast.

The second route is across the Gulf of Thailand, between Sattahip in Chon Buri and Hua Hin in Prachuap Khiri Khan.

Mr Sorasak said the company is in the process of acquiring two new vessels, each with capacity for 350 passengers, and obtaining permission to use the seaports, and setting fares.

There will be trial runs on the two new routes before the services are officially launched.

The company also plans another new service across the Gulf of Thailand, between Sattahip and Pran Buri district in Phetchaburi province. No decision has been made when it will begin.

Mr Sorasak said the Pattaya-Hua Hin service carried a total of 10,689 passengers in February and March, of which 3,694 were Thais and 6,995 foreigners.  Of the foreigners, 4,472 were from European countries and 1,534 from China.

Only one vessel is making the two trips a day on this route, with the standard fare at 1,250 baht.  Royal Passenger Liner is considering putting more vessels into service to meet the increasing number of passengers, particularly during the peak tourism season, Mr Sorasak said.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I see the new vessels have arrived.
ferry.jpg
ferry.jpg (65.66 KiB) Viewed 1036 times

Points 41; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Cash or mortgaged they are betting the ranch that all this is going to work and make money. Are they a private or public company? If private we'll never see their financials, or if the Gov is subsidizing them. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

I posted the following back aways:
Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:55 am
This project does not add up to me. It has been reported that the company has purchased 3 of the ferries. What commercial operator of any transport system would do that when the market is unproven? By all reports it is a start up company with an address in Na Kluea, Pattaya. In many places it is being written about as a Thai Government initiative.
When this thread first started it was posted as:
Govt plans Pattaya, Cha-am ferry link
It has to be government sponsored. And I do not believe that the ferries are being bought as rescue boats for the new submarine. :rasta:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I agree. Many people have heard of Pattaya, and want to go there, but Satthahip? I've obviously heard of it, but it's certainly not on my 'must do' list.

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Big Boy wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 4:28 pm I agree. Many people have heard of Pattaya, and want to go there, but Satthahip? I've obviously heard of it, but it's certainly not on my 'must do' list.
The government are trying to promote the airport at Sattahip, especially for charter flights. I believe that a new upgraded terminal has recently been opened. So they may be looking to use the ferries as there is no fast rail link to Sattahip.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I don't see them promoting it here.

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Big Boy wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 4:40 pm I don't see them promoting it here.
Where is "here"? :?