A good ol camping and fishing trip

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Big Boy

Re: A good ol camping and fishing trip

Post by Big Boy »

You had the beautiful sunset, but did you experience the beautiful red moon we're currently getting in Hua Hin that far South?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
buksida

Post by buksida »

No, the moon came out pretty late, it was still high in the sky at 6am.
DSC_3375.jpg
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Do they rent the pontoons where you put a tent?
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
buksida

Post by buksida »

They have a resort on the mainland, if you stay there for a night or two they may let you go out onto the pontoon and stay with the family. It is not commercial at all and based on invite only, we were lucky to be invited along. There wasn't actually the room to put a tent so we made do with hammocks and the floor!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Nice one Buksi, and a fine example of how/why some expats are content no matter where they are.

:thumb:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
buksida

Post by buksida »

Takiap wrote:Nice one Buksi, and a fine example of how/why some expats are content no matter where they are.
:thumb:
:thumb: Life is what you make it!

Onwards with the trip ... which just got better as the sun started to set ...
DSC_3356.jpg
DSC_3358.jpg
fish2.jpg
fish3.jpg
Sleep was restless, not for being in the open on a pontoon in the middle of the Gulf - but because one of the party snored like a Kodiak Bear!
DSC_3372.jpg
The chilly crack of dawn brought relief, a strong coffee, rods back in the water and a fantastic sunrise ...
DSC_3384.jpg
DSC_3386.jpg
DSC_3391.jpg
Counting the catch ... plenty for dinner.
DSC_3394.jpg
Leaving the island just in time before a squall came in.
DSC_3400.jpg
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Fantastic photos buksi and your kids are getting some great life-enhancing experiences that should stand them in good stead.
Talk is cheap