Diving, snorkelling fees at Koh Rang

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

http://www.bangkokpost.com/most-recent/ ... t-koh-rang

Mu Koh Chang National Park will charge entrance fees to visitors who snorkel or scuba dive around Koh Rang, in Trat, beginning in June

Koh Rang is rich in coral and other marine life, and is one of 40 islands in the national park, which is about 8km off the coast of Trat province.

The date for entrance fees was postponed from Dec 1 2013 to June 1 this year. The entrance fees are set for individual visitors and boats. Tickets for foreigners are 200 baht for an adult and 100 baht for a child aged three to 14 years.

Thais will be charged 40 baht for an adult and 20 baht for a child. For boats, the entrance fees are 20 baht, 100 baht or 500 baht, depending on size.

I guess those pesky Farangs pee in the water more, so only right to charge them more! :guns:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Re: Diving, snorkelling fees at Koh Rang

Post by PeteC »

They really need to consider a compromise concerning resident foreigners. Agreed that the average ticket taker clerk will be unable to decipher the variety of long term visas people have in their passports. Given this, I wouldn't mind paying a small fee to cover costs for some kind of farang ID card stating that we are long term residents and are to be charged the Thai price. Yes, a Thai driver license and/or a Yellow Book should suffice, but to keep it simple a special ID card would be best.

"Will happen sometime midway through my next life..." comes to mind but you never know. One day we could wake up to progressive and fair thinking here. :shock: :alien: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source