Handyman seeking employment

Hua Hin classifieds has been reopened, please read the classifieds posting rules before you submit an ad.
yabz

Handyman seeking employment

Post by yabz »

I have a friend who is desperate for work. He will do anything and is not expensive. I've know him a long time and he's a nice guy and very reliable. Contact me if you have any odd jobs you need doing. Thanks.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Handyman seeking employment

Post by hhfarang »

What about jobs that aren't very odd? :D

Seriously, we quite often need a handyman for small jobs (and sometimes big jobs). Can you post a little about his qualifications or what he is capable of, i.e., electrical, plumbing, gardening, woodworking, painting, etc., Thanks. I take it he's Thai.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
splitlid
Guru
Guru

Post by splitlid »

thai or westerner?
"All the otters don't understand me"
"We might make you bother"
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

Ability to speak & understand english is paramount. How goes this feller?
alleykat
Professional
Professional

Post by alleykat »

Yabz, I sent you a PM last week about this handyman friend of yours, no reply yet.

I am looking for someone like this right now, so if anyone knows of a local handyman (Thai) can you please post or PM me with his name and phone number?

The job I require him for is to repair our sliding screen doors (steel). I need to stop them screeching when we open them. I have tried using 3-in-1 oil, soap, even grease, but with no success. There are two rollers at the top on each side. No rollers at the bottom. I think the whole door & frame needs to be removed to fix it properly, and rollers fitted. Any advice appreciated.

I'm guessing that this is a common problem here, so there would be handymen here who know how to fix it without too much bother.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

alleykat wrote:Yabz, I sent you a PM last week about this handyman friend of yours, no reply yet.
I am looking for someone like this right now, so if anyone knows of a local handyman (Thai) can you please post or PM me with his name and phone number?
The job I require him for is to repair our sliding screen doors (steel). I need to stop them screeching when we open them. I have tried using 3-in-1 oil, soap, even grease, but with no success. There are two rollers at the top on each side. No rollers at the bottom. I think the whole door & frame needs to be removed to fix it properly, and rollers fitted. Any advice appreciated.
I'm guessing that this is a common problem here, so there would be handymen here who know how to fix it without too much bother.
It is not usual for sliding doors to have rollers at the top, especially when there is none at the bottom. Are you sure the doors are not just simply upside down? I assume that they are also made from aluminium, not steel? The rollers have an adjustment screw and are mounted on a small swinging arm to allow the door to be lifted off the track and just ride on the rollers. The screw is accessible through a small hole in the vertical part of the frame and usually require a "phillips" type screwdriver to adjust. :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

Try furniture polish on both top and bottom runners that could solve the problem until you find someone to do the job properly.