Pet access to villa and saving my legs.

A place to discuss all things pets, vets and animal care.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Pet access to villa and saving my legs.

Post by 404cameljockey »

Hi all,

Talk about first world problems, I have a lovey HH villa, with mozzie screens on all doors and a lovely pool to sit beside all day, but a dog that wants to be inside when she's out and vice versa. It's driving me nuts every five minutes, and the screens to the graveyard.

Can a pet flap be installed in a screen door? Or is there some more intelligent design or idea (before you say it: the dog stays....)? She's medium sized standing about 45 cm tall at the shoulder.

Cheers
PeteC

Re: Pet access to villa and saving my legs.

Post by PeteC »

The below link gives you the photos and idea. The problem now is to find a local screen supplier who can make it. Stay tuned for others later this morning who may have ideas where it can be done. Pete :cheers:

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=scree ... 78&bih=671
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

You can get a bespoke design made but ask in the spec for magnet's on the pooch flap! i had one in the UK on a timer.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Our doors are very robust (more security style), and not suitable for everybody. We had them installed because we didn't like our flimsy mosquito screens. It would be very simple to fit a pet flap into our doors, and I'm sure our supplier would do it. If heavy duty is what you want, let me know, and I'll ask Mrs BB for the guy's name/contact detail.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

All the dogs that I have had in Thailand stayed outside and either slept on the front porch or the back door. Only exception to the rule would be a really bad thunderstorm, and when that blew over the wanted out.
The dogs in Singapore were let in, but we don't have screen doors there (not needed) and just had a gate on the stairs to discourage them from coming upstairs. Note that they still had to sleep outside...
วินเชนท์
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

prcscct wrote:The below link gives you the photos and idea. The problem now is to find a local screen supplier who can make it. Stay tuned for others later this morning who may have ideas where it can be done. Pete :cheers:

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=scree ... 78&bih=671
Definitely what I need, thanks, I need to check around where I might get one made.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

kendo wrote:You can get a bespoke design made but ask in the spec for magnet's on the pooch flap! i had one in the UK on a timer.
Magnetised strip, yes definitely needs that :thumb: !
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Big Boy wrote:Our doors are very robust (more security style), and not suitable for everybody. We had them installed because we didn't like our flimsy mosquito screens. It would be very simple to fit a pet flap into our doors, and I'm sure our supplier would do it. If heavy duty is what you want, let me know, and I'll ask Mrs BB for the guy's name/contact detail.
Thanks BB, PMd you.
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

404cameljockey wrote:Hi all

Can a pet flap be installed in a screen door? Or is there some more intelligent design or idea (before you say it: the dog stays....)? She's medium sized standing about 45 cm tall at the shoulder.

Cheers
Generally speaking there should not be any difficulties to install a pet door into most screen doors.
You can buy an 'Off the shelf" item such as the link below to lazarda. If you want something a little more sophisticated and secure you may consider purchasing one outside the country.

As an example there is one manufactured by Sure Flap in the UK which is activated by a microchip allowing g only pets with microchips to access and egress via the pet flap. You can also set times for its operation and manually lock it off. (See second link)

http://www.lazada.co.th/xcsource-11-x-9 ... en&boost=2

https://www.sureflap.com/en-gb/pet-door ... p-pet-door
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Hi Bluesky,

Sorry to be so late thanking you for your info re pet flaps last month. My head is all over the place, as I'm still in rented accommodation waiting for my villa to be completed. I've just completely forgotten to log on to the forum.

The info is excellent, thanks so much. I will definitely follow up on it when I'm finally installed myself.

Cheers