Bringing a dog from Thailand

A place to discuss all things pets, vets and animal care.
Bamsen
Amateur
Amateur

Bringing a dog from Thailand

Post by Bamsen »

Have you guys got any experience how to bring a dog from Thailand back to your home. My plan is taking two dogs at the same time. Any suggestion?
Arlo
Professional
Professional

Re: Bringing a dog from Thailand

Post by Arlo »

Contact this lady. https://www.facebook.com/janekey1947?fref=nf On Facebook. If you don't have Facebook let me know and I will get you her phone number. I tried to send it by PM but it wouldn't let me. I don't think you have enough posts yet for private messages. She has found many homes for street dogs overseas and will have all the info you need.
Last edited by Arlo on Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
V4281051
Amateur
Amateur

Post by V4281051 »

I read on another forum recently it will cost you about £4000 for each dog..They need rabies shots..passport from a vet..special plane..if going to the UK they will be in quarantine for 6 months..
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

It depends on where home is. If it is Australia it is a somewhat protracted and expensive process involving quarantine in Singapore. I cannot comment for other countries. We have recently brought a dog from Australia to Thailand and the process, whilst somewhat arduous paper work wise was relatively straight forward once all documentation and requirements were met. For the final stage of bringing the dog here, anticipating potential problems with customs and import duties, we used a local agent to act on our behalf. She was quite competent and very reasonably priced and well worth the money. She specializes in pet export import and I would be quite happy to pass her details onto you if you wish via PM. She would be able to advise you.
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
tuktukmike
Guru
Guru

Post by tuktukmike »

If taking your dog to the UK it is much easier than it used to be, you will have to make sure your dog is vaccinated and I think you have to have 2 clear blood tests .
If you do all this and get the vetinary paperwork you can then ship your dog to the UK .
If you have done all the requirements then there is no longer the 6 month quarantine like before.
You can get all the details on the government website.

Comes under the PETS travel scheme.
Ttm
Bamsen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Bamsen »

Arlo wrote:Contact this lady. https://www.facebook.com/janekey1947?fref=nf On Facebook. If you don't have Facebook let me know and I will get you her phone number. I tried to send it by PM but it wouldn't let me. I don't think you have enough posts yet for private messages. She has found many homes for street dogs overseas and will have all the info you need.
Thanks a bunch Arlo, They are not street dogs and both of them already got the required vaccines. I am not sure that the airline allow me more than one dog:-(
Bamsen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Bamsen »

tuktukmike wrote:If taking your dog to the UK it is much easier than it used to be, you will have to make sure your dog is vaccinated and I think you have to have 2 clear blood tests .
If you do all this and get the vetinary paperwork you can then ship your dog to the UK .
If you have done all the requirements then there is no longer the 6 month quarantine like before.
You can get all the details on the government website.

Comes under the PETS travel scheme.
Ttm
Thank you very much, I wish I could send them to UK , seems to be much easier than Nordic
Bamsen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Bamsen »

Bluesky wrote:It depends on where home is. If it is Australia it is a somewhat protracted and expensive process involving quarantine in Singapore. I cannot comment for other countries. We have recently brought a dog from Australia to Thailand and the process, whilst somewhat arduous paper work wise was relatively straight forward once all documentation and requirements were met. For the final stage of bringing the dog here, anticipating potential problems with customs and import duties, we used a local agent to act on our behalf. She was quite competent and very reasonably priced and well worth the money. She specializes in pet export import and I would be quite happy to pass her details onto you if you wish via PM. She would be able to advise you.
Is she in Huahin? Could you please send me by e-mail? (primer_uk@hotmail.com) I think I have to post more in HH forum yo be able to send PM hehe:-) Thank you for your information:-)
Arlo
Professional
Professional

Post by Arlo »

Bamsen wrote:
Arlo wrote:Contact this lady. https://www.facebook.com/janekey1947?fref=nf On Facebook. If you don't have Facebook let me know and I will get you her phone number. I tried to send it by PM but it wouldn't let me. I don't think you have enough posts yet for private messages. She has found many homes for street dogs overseas and will have all the info you need.
Thanks a bunch Arlo, They are not street dogs and both of them already got the required vaccines. I am not sure that the airline allow me more than one dog:-(
I didn't mean your dogs were street dogs, what I was trying to say is that she will probably have the answers to your questions because she has experience in these matters and should know what is needed to ship a dog overseas. Just a suggestion, and I hope you figure it out and can share what you have learned here.
Bamsen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Bamsen »

Arlo wrote:
Bamsen wrote:
Thank you very much , I will contact her :-) I think the agent in Bangkok that is working for me right now is really busy and made me feel i secure.
gerryha

Post by gerryha »

We are moving to Spain next year and have settled on Quatar air. In general 2 small dogs ( Chihuahuas) in one travel box or 1 larger dog seems to cost about the same as 1 human ticket, give or take. Its fairly easy to DIY through the individual airline websites. The vet hospital near big c will give you all the info for getting a pet passport. Once you have that, travelling to the vast majority of countries is fairly hassle free and nomproblem at all within the EU
Bamsen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Bamsen »

thank you gerryha:-)
Bamsen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Bamsen »

I met her today, very nice and kind one:-) thank you for your recommendation.

Best,
Arlo
Professional
Professional

Post by Arlo »

Bamsen wrote:
I met her today, very nice and kind one:-) thank you for your recommendation.

Best,
No problem, did you get the answers you needed?
brianks
Guru
Guru

Post by brianks »

A friend of mine just this past month took his German Shepard to the US. Need papers from vet and get the Thai export document. Book space on plane that carries animals along with your own passage on that same plane. Cost for dog was by kilo. I am sure you can find out the exact requirements from some of the people mentioned above. Not a big hassle as you may have feared.