Where to buy a dog of decent breed?

A place to discuss all things pets, vets and animal care.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Where to buy a dog of decent breed?

Post by dtaai-maai »

Luybusha wrote: Free cheese is available but only in the mousetrap :wink:
:lach: :lach: Love it! :clap:
This is the way
Biollos
Novice
Novice

Post by Biollos »

Hi Folks

were looking to settle in HH from Australia in April we have Lagotto which is a medium sized pedigree dog, very friendly gentle dog at first we thought we would leave her with good friends so she will be well looked after in Australia but the as the date gets closer it seems really difficult to say good bye.

happy to hear any advice on the good and bad about bringing your dog with you we had a look at the visa processing requirements on the Australian custom website and the process seems like a really difficult and expensive to go through if we can manage all that what's a dogs life like in HH and what are the pitfalls for owners.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

i think you will have to keep your dog on a leash all the time. thai dogs are street smart, and are ok running around in traffic, i even saw one stop and wait for the light to change! But a dog that is lost and in a panic would not last two seconds in the street traffic here.

there can be lots of thunder and fireworks here at times. dogs hate loud noises.

soi dogs EVERYWHERE here running around in packs, so walking your dog can be a challenge sometimes. Very hard to find a place where there is not a dog on the street. Most of the time the dogs are OK, but they sort of guard their hood.

you might be ok walking on the beach without a leash, or inside gated areas.

if you live in a condo, not so many problems, but a house with a yard snakes could be a problem. ticks and fleas.

If you dog is valuable it might be stolen.

the other thing is it is VERY hot and humid here all the time. i had Siberian Huskys in the states and their breed had long thick hair for the cold of the far north, and i see Huskys here in the tropics and i feel really bad for them. so you need to have something setup for your dog to beat the heat 24/7. water, shade, indoors, air con. car interior tempertures here can quickly soar to death levels.

UV index here is 13 to 14 most of the time! many soi dogs with cataracts here. another reason to limit your dogs sun exposure. don't forget your UV sunglasses.

pet food is no problem. i am not sure about vets in HH.

i am sure you will be fine. just harder to walk your dog here.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Well James West summed things up perfectly.

However, he was being kind when he said it can be difficult walking your dog here. What he should actually have said is that it can sometimes be possible to walk your dog here but only on rare occasions, or if you have a fully automatic woman. Seriously, it is a real pain in the butt, other than when you take them to the beach.

Also, many people here, both Thai and Farang, allow their dog's to roam about, and I have found that these are the most likely ones to bite and/or attack you or your dog. Lastly, if you do bring your dog over, keep it locked up. If it gets out and causes trouble, there's a strong possibility of it being poisoned, or you could find yourself having to pay hefty compensation to one or more locals.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
tvliquidator1
Novice
Novice

Post by tvliquidator1 »

it depends what type of dogs you want please specify the list and than people can suggest you