How to get from Don Muang Airport (DMK) to Hua Hin

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
soap
Novice
Novice

How to get from Don Muang Airport (DMK) to Hua Hin

Post by soap »

Hello guys,
I'm traveling to Bangkok DMK next month (Air Asia aroud 11 a.m)
This is not a new problem but Everything I googled on Internet is very old news, so somebody can help me how to get to Huahin with the best convenient, fast and good price.

Thanks guys!
Bubba1

Re: How to get from Don Muang Airport (DMK) to Hua Hin

Post by Bubba1 »

Taxi is the only feasible option. Some will do it for 1500 baht
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Taxi is an option. There are other methods, especially if you are on a budget. I admit, I've only ever used taxi from DMK, but my son came back a couple of months ago for a fraction of the taxi cost. If nobody else answers beforehand, I will get details from him when he finishes work later.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

My son has just told me that he got a taxi to Mor Chit, and the minivan from there. Cost him just over 300 Baht.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the minivan, but 1200 or more Baht can buy a lot of Chang :wink:

Points 41; Position 18
soap
Novice
Novice

Post by soap »

I'm have 2 persons. Taxi is not my options because it's take a lot of money.
1. Take taxi from DMK to Mo chit Bus station then take minivan (I don't know what is minivan, how many seats it has? confortable or not? because it's a long trip to huahin from bangkok), this option is quite cheap.

2. Take public bus to Suvarnabhumi Airport then take Airpot Huahin bus (but the distance between 2 airport too far, with the traffic of bangkok, it's a disaster)

Which options should I choose?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Minivans usually have between 10 and 13 seats. Unless you're big like me, the can be comfortable enough, but they have very little option for luggage. Driving is notoriously white knuckle stuff.

Another (better in my opinion) option would be a taxi to Vibhavadi, and the Sombat Tour VIP bus (very comfortable) to Hua Hin https://www.sombattour.com/en/schedule/ ... -Hua%20Hin . The problem with this option is the infrequency of the service, and whether it coincides with your flights.

Points 41; Position 18
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

soap wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:20 pm I'm have 2 persons. Taxi is not my options because it's take a lot of money.
1. Take taxi from DMK to Mo chit Bus station then take minivan (I don't know what is minivan, how many seats it has? confortable or not? because it's a long trip to huahin from bangkok), this option is quite cheap.

2. Take public bus to Suvarnabhumi Airport then take Airpot Huahin bus (but the distance between 2 airport too far, with the traffic of bangkok, it's a disaster)

Which options should I choose?
You honestly mean you can't afford 1,500 baht for a taxi for two people?
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

You honestly mean you can't afford 1,500 baht for a taxi for two people?

I have a pair of someone else's shoes, would you like to try walking a mile in them?
Bubba1

Post by Bubba1 »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:32 pm Minivans usually have between 10 and 13 seats. Unless you're big like me, the can be comfortable enough, but they have very little option for luggage. Driving is notoriously white knuckle stuff.

Another (better in my opinion) option would be a taxi to Vibhavadi, and the Sombat Tour VIP bus (very comfortable) to Hua Hin https://www.sombattour.com/en/schedule/ ... -Hua%20Hin . The problem with this option is the infrequency of the service, and whether it coincides with your flights.
Sombay is also risky as they are often full.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

B250 taxi to Southern bus station and big blue bus to Hua Hin B160, runs every 30 mins.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
soap
Novice
Novice

Post by soap »

handdrummer wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:02 pm You honestly mean you can't afford 1,500 baht for a taxi for two people?

I have a pair of someone else's shoes, would you like to try walking a mile in them?
yeah i wanna save money for the other things!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

NOKYAI wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:01 pm big blue bus to Hua Hin B160, runs every 30 mins.
HaHa, I used to use that one a lot, years ago. I completely forget about it these days with the bigger seated airport and Sombat options. It didn't even cross my mind. Where do they run from in Hua Hin these days?

Points 41; Position 18
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

Taxi to Mochit and minibus to Hua Hin:
I have done this about 3 times.
When the taxi arrives at Mochit (known as Mochit 2), need to walk about 200 metres through a large open bus station to find the stand for Hua Hin. Usually wait about 20 minutes for minibus to fill. Your luggage needs to fit on your lap or between your legs, otherwise pay for another seat.

Taxi to Vibhavadi, and the Sombat Tour VIP bus to Hua Hin:
I did this one time.
Schedule is like one bus every 1.5 hours. I had the schedule, and arrived about half hour before departure, bus was already full. Took a taxi.

Either way, not a convenient or easy trip. If I have luggage I get a taxi. If no luggage, I get the minibus.

Not yet tried route (mentioned above) :
“B250 taxi to Southern bus station and big blue bus to Hua Hin B160, runs every 30 mins.”
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

Don’t need to take a taxi from DMK to bus station Mochit 2.
There is a shuttle bus (A1) running from DMK Gate 6 to Mochit 2.
BTW, same shuttle bus runs to Mochit BTS (formerly Mochit 1??).
Good to know if you want to stay in Bangkok.
Can take luggage on shuttle bus no problem.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

NOKYAI wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:01 pm B250 taxi to Southern bus station and big blue bus to Hua Hin B160, runs every 30 mins.
Co - incidentally I am looking at options to go to Bkk on Saturday am other than minivan so I went to the desk on Sa Song Road this am. On the counter they have a card detailing departures from HH - 3.00 am, 10.00, 12.00, 16.00, 21.00.

3 hours 155 Baht. I asked about return times from Bkk and she wrote down for me: 11.30 am, 14.00, 16.00, 22.30.

I remember catching it from Bkk about 12 years ago and they were frequent then, it seems not so much demand now. I did use it HH to Bkk about 2 years ago in the morning and there was only a dozen passengers when we left HH. :cheers:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.