Nok Air new flights Hua Hin to Bangkok

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
ste860
Deceased
Deceased

Nok Air new flights Hua Hin to Bangkok

Post by ste860 »

nok air are starting flights dom maeung to hua hin in november ,the prices look good ,but will it last

brianks
Guru
Guru

Re: Nok Air new flights Hua Hin to Bangkok

Post by brianks »

If it lasts, it all depends on usage. If enough people use it then it will last. 30 minute flight against 2 1/2 hour taxi is appealing but Don Mung airport when you want to take next flight out of Swampy is not so appealing even though free bus between the two airports.

One thing for sure the eye candy in the yellow uni's is always a pleasure to watch. :) None over 28 years old.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

It appeals to us because we often drive to Don Muang and leave the car in the parking garage for days to take a Nok air flight to Loei where my Thai family lives. It will be great to fly from Hua Hin to Loei with only a transit flight change in Bangkok. Unfortunately it doesn't look like the connections would line up as they only fly to Loei once a day as well so an overnight stay in Bangkok would be required. I'll have to see if I can find a decent cheap hotel near Don Muang for the overnight as the Loei flight leaves around noon.

A bit off topic, but is Hua Hin now an international airport? According to this route map Berjaya Air flies direct between Hua Hin and Kuala Lumpur! May be a good option for visa runners. Just hover the mouse over Hua Hin or Kuala Lumpur.

https://www.berjaya-air.com/flightinfo_routesmap.html
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

30 minute flight against 2 1/2 hour taxi is appealing but Don Mung airport when you want to take next flight out of Swampy is not so appealing even though free bus between the two airports.
That's the problem for me as well, it would probably end up taking me longer as with the traffic in Hua Hin in the evenings I would have to allow an hour to get to the airport, check in an hour early and then I've still got to cross Bangkok which gains me nothing. Obviously if you live near the airport and need to go to the north of Bangkok or onwards from Don Muang it makes more sense.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Moved all the Berjaya posts to the topic here: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=21913
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Two years ago I booked four tickets from DM to Surin I had a problem trying to book online as I was worried that I would get hammered with baggage limits wasted about 3 hours trying to book and then I was told you can get the tickets from a Seven Eleven. :?
It was a very pleasant flight got given a Yakut drink and a blueberry muffin, and yes the uniforms where to die for. :D

Kendo. :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

....and then I was told you can get the tickets from a Seven Eleven.
Only in Thailand, "I'm just popping to the corner shop to get the paper, pay the electricity bill and buy some air tickets"!
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Steve G wrote:
"I'm just popping to the corner shop to get the paper, pay the electricity bill and buy some air tickets"!
This you can really call a convenience store.
BOZ
Professional
Professional

Post by BOZ »

Don't forget you can handle you cell phone bill there too... One easy stop and go!!!
Boz

Life is short, live it to the fullest!!!
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

HHF.......yes, there are flights linking Hua-Hin and KL.

Nok has also started flights between BKK and Ranong as as well as flights between BB and Chumpon.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
buksida

Post by buksida »

Nok Air will offer flights from its Don Mueang hub to Hua Hin starting on Nov 15 in the latest bid to raise its domestic feeder route footprint.

The budget airline will be the first carrier in many years to offer a scheduled service to the upper-peninsula resort, long popular among Thai weekend holidaymakers and increasingly so with foreign tourists.

Nok Air executives yesterday said the new route will be served by a Saab 340B turboprop with 34 seats chartered from Siam General Aviation Co through its Nok Mini affiliate.

It will offer a thrice-weekly service _ Thursday, Friday and Saturday _ departing Don Mueang at 7.15pm and returning from Hua Hin at 8.10pm.

Hua Hin is the latest feeder route in Nok Air's strategic plan to tap potential in smaller cities not served by larger jet aircraft of other airlines.

Other such destinations the airline serves from Bangkok are Ranong and Chumphon.

Full Story: Bangkok Post
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

popular among Thai weekend holidaymakers
a thrice-weekly service _ Thursday, Friday and Saturday
More Thai logic - we'll get you there, but find your own way back :?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

Conflicting info there, the flyer at the top says thu/fri/sun and the Post report says thu/fri/sat. :|
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Post by Chromeman »

I have been checking out this for my trip in March, and in beginning of March they are flying down to Hua Hin on Thursday, Friday and Sunday. They are also flying back to Bangkok the same days.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Big Boy wrote:
popular among Thai weekend holidaymakers
a thrice-weekly service _ Thursday, Friday and Saturday
More Thai logic - we'll get you there, but find your own way back :?

This is why I love living in Thailand - very little makes any sense to me. :thumb: :laugh:

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact