Sri Lankan Airways

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
nanyang
Professional
Professional

Sri Lankan Airways

Post by nanyang »

Does anyone have any experience of this airline?

They're advertising a one way flight, Bangkok to London at a little under 14,000baht!
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Re: Sri Lankan Airways

Post by Pagey »

They renewed a lot of their aircraft about 2 years ago I believe. I flew with them once in Jan 2012 from Riyadh to Bkk and it was a new aircraft with excellent service but I did fly Business Class. if using any of the cheaper airlines, Air India, Sri Lanka etc Business Class is a must IMO.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
nanyang
Professional
Professional

Post by nanyang »

Pagey wrote:They renewed a lot of their aircraft about 2 years ago I believe. I flew with them once in Jan 2012 from Riyadh to Bkk and it was a new aircraft with excellent service but I did fly Business Class. if using any of the cheaper airlines, Air India, Sri Lanka etc Business Class is a must IMO.

Thanks.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

I used them last year from Bangkok to Colombo and 10 days later to London and they were fine
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Clivep
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Clivep »

That is indeed a good price - as long as you don't mind the 13h 20m transit in Colombo!
Ropes

Post by Ropes »

Used them once before (2012) on a BKK to London Heathrow via Colombo and have no complaints at all. Good value for money I thought.
heartofmidlothian
Professional
Professional

Post by heartofmidlothian »

Flew with them a few years ago, from Bkk to Heathrow and back to Bkk. No complaints - just as boring as any other long haul flight. If you have a long layover then I am sure there is a transit hotel.
They are a decent airline. My main memory was the hostesses outfits all showed their tummies, but they all had spare tires!!
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

:agree: About the air hostesses - sexy outfit but spring chickens they weren't :tsk:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
joecoolfrog
Amateur
Amateur

Post by joecoolfrog »

Flown with them a couple of times and no problems whatsoever. The stopovers were at an adequate beach hotel 30 minutes from the airport with meal included so no hardship, in fact it broke up the journey quite nicely.
sfs
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sfs »

I flew back to the UK with them last year and would fly with them again, no complaints at all.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

flew with them early this may/june, economy, from bkk to franckfurt and back, with 2h30 stopover at columbo and found they were great, no problem at all, will defo use them again if the price is right