Flight Deals From Heathrow

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Re: Flight Deals From Heathrow

Post by Pleng »

Jim wrote:From our recent experiences Eva have the cheapest direct flights.
Jim
Eva also are the oly airline I know of to have an "Economy plus" option, which apparently gives you extra leg room (and any other benefits???) for an extra charge. I haven't tried it (was tempted to give it a go once) so I have no idea how much better it is compared to standard Economy.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Pleng wrote:
Jim
Eva also are the oly airline I know of to have an "Economy plus" option, which apparently gives you extra leg room (and any other benefits???) for an extra charge. I haven't tried it (was tempted to give it a go once) so I have no idea how much better it is compared to standard Economy.
The leg room is better and, on some aircraft, the seats are a little larger than standard economy. Food is the same as served in the economy section. A little while since I used Economy Plus but it used to be reasonably priced and for a taller person a lot more comfortable
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Bristolian wrote:
Pleng wrote:
Jim
The leg room is better and, on some aircraft, the seats are a little larger than standard economy. Food is the same as served in the economy section. A little while since I used Economy Plus but it used to be reasonably priced and for a taller person a lot more comfortable
BA offer the same option (World Traveller Plus).
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Dannie Boy wrote:BA offer the same option (World Traveller Plus).
I used that recently and it was very good. When I flew back a couple of weeks ago, the pilot announced World Traveller Plus was going to be discontinued on the Bkk route, but it transpires that its 1st class that's getting the chop. The reason is they are changing the planes used on the route. But WT+ isn't cheap and my usage was as a 'one-off' treat. Worth noting that each passenger gets 2 x 23k of baggage + cabin luggage + laptop.
Talk is cheap
Brit Jim
Professional
Professional

Post by Brit Jim »

kendo wrote:Hi, just starting to look at flights and dates for January and February from Heathrow normally book through East West travel but always looking for the most competitive quote can anyone give me the heads up on any direct flight only, outstanding deals to be had. :idea:

Thanks in advance.
Kendo. :cheers:
Hi Kendo

As you know BA fly direct and currently have a Sale until 24th SEP ??

Price is approx £600. Check their Website.

I always fly direct with EVA AIR but Im never keen on the day time return flight, prefer night flights!

East West Travel always good for the deals!

Hopefully catch you for beer in Jan ...Ex Lippy Jim!

:cheers:
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Brit Jim wrote:
kendo wrote:Hi, just starting to look at flights and dates for January and February from Heathrow normally book through East West travel but always looking for the most competitive quote can anyone give me the heads up on any direct flight only, outstanding deals to be had. :idea:

Thanks in advance.
Hi Kendo

As you know BA fly direct and currently have a Sale until 24th SEP ??

I always fly direct with EVA AIR but Im never keen on the day time return flight, prefer night flights!

East West Travel always good for the deals!

Hopefully catch you for beer in Jan ...Ex Lippy Jim!

Cool mate just chewing the fat at the moment we have quite a big to do list in Thailand.We are just trying to price things up not just a holiday but my house up in Surin want to put bars and more security on the house bars on windows doors we have 37 on our house ! and drill another well new pumps etc :oops: we also need to sort out out a dispute that I know will cost one way or another but that's another story that I might ask advise about.
I also want to organise a family member or close friend to be a nanny in Hua Hin as I want to catch up with old friends and make new friends i.e forum members and do some fishing and have a bit of night life with the mrs as you tend to forget that with a young child but always on my agenda. :D

Kendo. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

For this trip Kendo (with me flying outa Manchester) the Emirates flight-times/connections were no good for me, hence I opted for Etihad.
(Yes Qatar is way cheaper, but their hold-baggage limit is 23kgs & they include your laptop when weighing-in for carry-on baggage).
Etihad are not as liberal with the drinks as Emirates..in fact they're tight b*****rds in comparison, but I'll risk 'em & see..??
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Brit Jim wrote:As you know BA fly direct and currently have a Sale until 24th SEP ??

My advice is don't do it - their seats are amongst the 3 most uncomfortable I've experienced (just above Tarom and a cheap charter airline I once used) on a long haul flight. You will, IMHO, find much better, cheaper.

I used to use BA 4 times a week with work, and they are very over rated - even in Business Class.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Gus
Guru
Guru

Post by Gus »

As a ball park figure, Eva Air fares LHR-BKK-LHR for the pre-Christmas period work out at £550 Econonmy, £900 Elite (Premium Economy) and £2000 for Royal Laurel.

IMHO the Elite tickets are too expensive, when it was Evergreen class it was only a hundred or so above Economy.
Royal Laurel has gone up about £300 since the refurb from Premium Laurel.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Gus wrote:As a ball park figure, Eva Air fares LHR-BKK-LHR for the pre-Christmas period work out at £550 Econonmy, £900 Elite (Premium Economy) and £2000 for Royal Laurel.

IMHO the Elite tickets are too expensive, when it was Evergreen class it was only a hundred or so above Economy.
Royal Laurel has gone up about £300 since the refurb from Premium Laurel.
Agreed Royal Laurel class return BKK LHR = 102,000 Baht
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Brit Jim
Professional
Professional

Post by Brit Jim »

Hi Kendo

Sounds like you will be busy in Jan.

keep us posted on Hua Hin dates and Im sure a few of us will meet you for a beer.

kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Brit Jim wrote:Hi Kendo

Sounds like you will be busy in Jan.

keep us posted on Hua Hin dates and Im sure a few of us will meet you for a beer.

Cheers Jim will do its all in the melting pot at the moment.

The best prices from Westeast Travel are

Eva direct £618 child fare 75% of Adult fare.
Thai direct £638 with promotion and child fare 75% of adult fare.

Are all airlines charging 75% for a child fare ?

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Even though I don't rate them at all, have you tried booking direct with BA. A friend of mine booked on their £600 deal yesterday - it would save you at least 20 beers :D

Points 41; Position 18
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Haven't tried BA to Thailand maybe we should give them a try.
The food on Eva is average but the wife hates it and wants me to pay the extra to fly with Thai as last year they gave us really attentive service with our young baby and I was quite happy because the senior male steward had recognised my love for Singa beer and kept on dropping one into my hand as we where sat in bulk head seats. :D

So Big Boy if you had to rate these thee carriers in what order would you choose.

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Eva have never had a competetive deal available when I've been travelling, so can't comment.

Thai have very good seat pitch, so the legroom is very welcome. Their service is OK, but unless you get a modernised aircraft, the entertainment is 3rd rate.

BA have abysmal seat pitch, and I find it very difficult to get comfortable. Because of this I always put them at the bottom of the pecking order. However, the in flight entertainment is good, and the cabin crew are generally very caring. As an example, the last time we flew with them, I was amazed when they started re-arranging the passengers to give me 2 seats :D. However, Mrs BB soon claimed the extra space :cry: .

The variable on all of these services is the cabin crew. Sometimes they are brilliant, other times they are lazy. Luck of the draw I suppose.

My personal preference would be ANY Middle East carrier. I prefer the break/leg stretch half way, you normally get double the trolly service, entertainment is always up to date, aircraft are modern and in general I think they far out perform BA or Thai. If your wife needs somebody to talk to, they nearly always have a couple of Thai stewardesses anyway.

Points 41; Position 18