Bangkok Airport Lounges

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
cat
Rookie
Rookie

Bangkok Airport Lounges

Post by cat »

I will be travelling economy but I like to check in early. Has anyone ever used any of the pay as you go exec lounges in BK airport and did you have to book or was it possible to just turn up and pay on the door. Thanks.
Viseman

Post by Viseman »

I also like to check in early when international flights are concerned. I usually put my baggage in the airports storage the day before I leave, then bum around BKK. As most flights to America leave early in the morning, I am usually back in the airport around four, hanging out on those not so comfortable blue chairs in the terminal outside check in. I don't sleep much, but there is no reason to. I would rather sleep on the flight anyway. Never used the exec rooms, but imagine that if you are pretty low maintainence you can get away with just hanging out.
gregor200
Novice
Novice

Post by gregor200 »

as a member of Miles&More, i always go to the Lufthansa Exec Lounge, just at the far end of the airport. You get there current german newspapers and journals (for taking with you too). You get free drinks and chips, sometimes in the night some Kartoffelsalat and fingerfood. And you can take a shower.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I head for the nearest bar that's open and pay exorbitant amounts of my last baht for a beer or three.
Suppose I'm doing it all wrong :cheers:
songkurai
Amateur
Amateur

Airport Lounge

Post by songkurai »

I still don't see any answer to the original post.

Are there any airline or other type lounge to hang out in - other than the airport terminal itself at BKK airport?

As an example:
Flying on Korean in the new airport in Korea, there is a restaurant, short time hotel area (beds for napping/sleeping) and showers - yes, one has to pay. Yes, it is open to all. Upstairs in the International section. And after 16-18 hours on a plane, it is worth the cost for a hot shower.

Does Bangkok offer such?
Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.
Robert Frost
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

Hi songkurai.

Yes, there are short time rooms available in Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. They are situated between immigration and the airplane gates, so you don't have to enter Thailand to use the dayrooms.
They are called the Louis' Tavern Dayrooms Transit Hotel.
There are 110 dayrooms total, so they are usually available. The rooms are well furnished, comfortable, clean, air-conditioned with private bath.
The rate is 1400 baht for each 4 hours. Dayroom 1 is located in the Terminal 1 Transit center (2nd floor Arrival Hall).
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
seasider

Post by seasider »

I think cat means the kind of "pay as you go" lounge in departures that is like an airline business class lounge?
I know a lot of airports have these and did have a feeling I had seen one at BKK, but I have never used it I'm afraid.
Hope someone can help more.
SS
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Re: Bangkok Airport Lounges

Post by Ginjaninja »

Anyone tried the 'Louis' Tavern lounge' at Suvarnabhumi lately?
I didn't realise you could pay to use the lounge(s) and can perhaps justify it as most of my trips are business related.

Feedback from customer services when I queried the rates:

"Dear Sir,

Greeting from Louis’ Tavern CIP Lounges, Suvarnabhumi Airport, Thailand!

Thank you for your interest in our service.
For the CIP Lounge, we do charge 1,000 Baht net per person (36 USD) for maximum 2 hours stay and consecutive additional hour 500 Baht net.
We accept both cash and credit card.
You can also book online via our website which we charge 850 Baht net for maximum 2 hours stay.
http://www.dayrooms-ciplounges.com/cip-lounge1.html
Service in the Lounge:
• Gourmet Refreshments
• Disabled Access
• Shower Service
• Rest Rooms
• Smoking Lounges
• Flight Information Monitor
• Newspapers & Magazines
• Televisions

Location: Concourse A Block 2, Level 3 (East Side) – First Class & Business Class (Shower rooms and Smoking room available)
Concourse C Level 3 (East Side) – First Class & Business Class
Concourse G Level 3 (West Side) – First Class
Concourse F Level 3 (West Side) – Business Class
Concourse G Level 3 opposite Gate G2 (West Side) – Business Class (Shower rooms and Smoking room available)
Concourse G Level 4 opposite Gate G2 (West Side) – First Class (Shower rooms and Smoking room available)

Open Hours: 24 hours daily

Should you require any further information or assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We wish to have opportunity for welcoming you soon.

Best Regards,

Thanchanok P.
"

Map attached below.
GN.
Attachments
cip map (Medium).jpg
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I haven't tried it but I was walking past that one on concourse G a couple of months ago and I noticed a sign saying that you could pay for entry. It looks quite decent and I would consider it, particularly if I needed a shower and change before the flight. 850 bt paid in advance over the net is reasonable considering what bars and restaurants charge air-side in BKK.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Re:

Post by Lung Per »

lomuamart wrote:I head for the nearest bar that's open and pay exorbitant amounts of my last baht for a beer or three.
Suppose I'm doing it all wrong :cheers:

We are not amused!

:cheers:
A friend is only one click away
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Not exactly in answering the OP, in fact not answering the OP at all....but. I travel for business, unfortunately for me always in economy class. I have been longing for 10 years to get my Star Alliance gold card and every year I miss the mileage required due to using special discounted flights etc. I had given up :(

Surprise surprise! Out of the blue last week I received the card.....I had to check many times that they had sent it to the right person.....attaining "The Card" when you only travel economy class is akin to winning the lottery when you only buy a ticket once a year. The card is valid for 2 years and allows access to any Star Alliance lounge, my first reaction was that I wanted it framed ....Burt hell no I want to use it

Little things make little people happy and this is an early Christmas present. Whoop eeeeh. :cheers:

Edit...I got carried away in my excitement....the Gold Card gives me access to the lounges......that was the connection. :D
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

Ginjaninja wrote:Location: Concourse A Block 2, Level 3 (East Side) – First Class & Business Class (Shower rooms and Smoking room available)
Concourse G Level 3 opposite Gate G2 (West Side) – Business Class (Shower rooms and Smoking room available)
Concourse G Level 4 opposite Gate G2 (West Side) – First Class (Shower rooms and Smoking room available)
But I guess that mean that even if you pay the fee you have to travel in business or first class to access the lounges, or?
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Ralfredo wrote:
Ginjaninja wrote:Location: Concourse A Block 2, Level 3 (East Side) – First Class & Business Class (Shower rooms and Smoking room available)
But I guess that mean that even if you pay the fee you have to travel in business or first class to access the lounges, or?
No these offers are for people flying economy - if you were flying first or business you already get complimentary lounge access. At 850/1000 baht, it seems a reasonable deal and worth trying.
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

Dannie Boy wrote:No these offers are for people flying economy - if you were flying first or business you already get complimentary lounge access. At 850/1000 baht, it seems a reasonable deal and worth trying.
OK. Thanks. And yes, definitely reasonable!
bonnielass
Professional
Professional

Post by bonnielass »

We used a CIP Lounge in January for a couple of hours, cost was Baht 800 per person. Free wifi, drinks, tea, coffee, beer etc, some food, nothing exciting, but a very civilised environment compared to the otherwise extremely shabby facilities available for economy passengers. I would certainly use it again.

IMHO - considering it is a relatively new facility - Bangkok Airport offers very little to travellers. The airport authorities should visit KL, Heathrow or Dubai airports, all of which have nice comfortable restaurants/bars where you can get some decent food in pleasant surroundings, if that is what you are looking for.

Not every economy passenger wants a greasy spoon offering from MacDonalds! :cuss:

BL