EVA Airways

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
PeteC

Re: EVA Airways

Post by PeteC »

Sorry about that yesterday as have spotted an error. The 23000 Eva fare I listed is one way per the web site, but one way was not stated in the printed edition. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Lee1975
Professional
Professional

Post by Lee1975 »

Thank you all for the reviews. After careful consideration and bank balance checking, I have booked the indirect flight with Oman Airways for £468.00 in December with a 1.5 hour stop at Muscat each way. The Eva Air flight went up to £660.00 direct, was very tempted as I always fly direct but to save £200 for an 1.5 hour stop over was too tempting.
Chok Dee :cheers:
The only things I regret are the things I didn't do
John HH

Post by John HH »

Best of luck Lee, let us know how your flight with Oman air goes. I've often been tempted to use them as they are usually the cheapest however I'm a creature of habit so stick with EVA/Etihad as I know what I'm getting there.

I've been using EVA a long time and used to recommend them to everyone, especially if you want to fly direct. As previously mentioned Thai's prices are crazy.

The one thing (apart from the food) with EVA that is a major let down is their frequent flyer club. You have to earn almost double what other carriers such as Etihad,Jet etc to qualify for an upgrade or free flight. We're not all like George Clooney in the film up in the air lol.

:cheers:
Lee1975
Professional
Professional

Post by Lee1975 »

Cheers John, will report on my experience. (long way off yet though)
Yeah Thai prices are crazy at the moment, i have always flown with Thai without any problems and always enjoy the hospitality but the prices are ridiculous.
No harm trying elsewhere, the planes look superb with Oman.
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

Just spotted this. Let us know what Oman Airlines are like. EVA and Etihad are pushing up their prices so it would be useful to know if there's an alternative of similar quality that is cost effective.

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Have a read of this thread viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14730

Jaime, you've met me. I was comfortable, so that must give you a clue.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Lee1975
Professional
Professional

Post by Lee1975 »

Cheers BB, Also found this regarding Oman.
Might also stick it in that thread

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forum ... in/166543/
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Jaime wrote:Just spotted this. Let us know what Oman Airlines are like. EVA and Etihad are pushing up their prices so it would be useful to know if there's an alternative of similar quality that is cost effective.

If you go to the ASDA travel site www.asda-travel.co.uk
There are lots of cheap flights with all different airlines available. EVA, Malaysian etc all the major airlines. The prices are very good, also gives good times for departure and arrival, easy to use. 8)
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Siani wrote:
Jaime wrote:Just spotted this. Let us know what Oman Airlines are like. EVA and Etihad are pushing up their prices so it would be useful to know if there's an alternative of similar quality that is cost effective.

If you go to the ASDA travel site http://www.asda-travel.co.uk
There are lots of cheap flights with all different airlines available. EVA, Malaysian etc all the major airlines. The prices are very good, also gives good times for departure and arrival, easy to use. 8)
That site is just the same as Kelkoo and others, you're often better booking directly from the Airline.
Lee1975 wrote:After careful consideration and bank balance checking, I have booked the indirect flight with Oman Airways for £468.00 in December with a 1.5 hour stop at Muscat each way.
Absolute bargain that mate.

Lee1975
Professional
Professional

Post by Lee1975 »

Lee1975 wrote:After careful consideration and bank balance checking, I have booked the indirect flight with Oman Airways for £468.00 in December with a 1.5 hour stop at Muscat each way.
Absolute bargain that mate.

:cheers:[/quote]

:cheers: Crazy price for that time of year, got it through West East travel, just looked again and it is still there for that price. Anyone who wants a bargain should snap that up who's thinking of going in December.
drew1962
Amateur
Amateur

Post by drew1962 »

Looking to book my flight for December and the cheapest direct flight is with EVA Airways for £600 from London Heathrow, now I want to book as early as possible due to the fact that all this talk about increasing Aviation fuel tax etc etc.

Has anyone flown with EVA Airways before? Can anyone shed some feedback?

Much obliged.

Always fly EVA, we are coming back to HH next month and have booked via EVA, we have again upgraded to enhanced econnomy

well worth the extra, 12 hours from London, would highly recommend, good flight times from LHR

21:30 leaving LHR

13:20 leaving BKK
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

I did an online test for prices with ASDA travel and Eva
The prices were similar but ASDA was slightly cheaper by approx £15 for the same flight. There were cheaper flights with ASDA travel..Kingfisher at £348. This was not a direct flight like Eva.
ASDA

£411.66
avg per person
Total £411.66
inc. airport taxes and fees

EVA online website
Adult 1 GBP 290 * 1 GBP 135.97 * 1
Total Fares GBP 425.97
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

What dates did you use in your test please?

Points 48; Position 20
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Big Boy wrote:What dates did you use in your test please?

The earliest date it would allow me to test was 15 March. I did both tests for the same date.

Cheapest price for one way was with ASDA £411.66 but very close with EVA £425.97

Return £629 ASDA

EVA Return for same flight same day was Total fare(Taxes included)/Per person: Adult GBP 713.07
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thanks for the clarification - I thought you were quoting return prices :oops:

Points 48; Position 20