Air Asia XL

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
niggle
Guru
Guru

Air Asia XL

Post by niggle »

Anyone flown with these (KL to Stanstead) to UK ?
JAJA

Post by JAJA »

We have not travelled Air Asia. But last year we did a short trip where we narrowed it down to Air Asia v Lufthansa. We ran with Lufthansa although it was marginally more expensive because Lufthansa offered a significantly better luggage allowance. From memory the Air Asia baggage allowance was 15 k versus 22 k or thereabouts on Lufthansa. With budget carriers you really get stung for things like excess luggage. In some cases you have to pay for in-flight food, movies and snacks. Severe restrictions usually apply to changes in the itinerary. So my advice is check out from their websites what the total cost is likely to end up being before buying a ticket. Most airlines will also have details of the cabin set up so you can get an idea on the size of the seat, pitch, leg room etc. Remember also that you need to look at the price with taxes as for reasons that a mere mortal cannot understand, different airlines will charge higher government taxes and charged for the identical flight. As oils ain’t oils, so flight ain’t flights.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I just tried a couple of dates I was thinking of flying in June and Air Asia was quoting a higher price to KL as Emirates would give you to BKK.
Actually prices from Europe to Thailand are good value in June if anyone needs a holiday!