Would you drink recycled waste water?

Discussion on science, nature and technology across the globe.
PeteC

Would you drink recycled waste water?

Post by PeteC »

I would have a problem with this if I knew it was recycled waste water. As the below BBC article says, it's something that everyone will have to do eventually. Not our generation but our grand kids for sure IMO. If given a choice, I would vote overwhelmingly for birth control instead of having to drink recycled waste water! :idea:

Location is also a concern. Recycled in Japan or the west I would feel more comfortable than in Thailand, India, China, Africa etc. Pete :cheers:

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2016010 ... 016_future
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Would you drink recycled waste water?

Post by Khundon1975 »

I would have no problem drinking recycled water, provided the equipment used to clean it, was well maintained.
Let's face it, over the years, waste water has been discharged to the sea untreated all over the World, then nature has put it back into rainfall and that has been going through the system for years and we have all been drinking it.
I bet this "toilet to tap water" would be a lot cleaner than a lot of the water supplied in many parts of Thailand. :duck:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

In the UK, if you live alongside the Thames valley, then your water can be drunk and recycled up to six times before it reaches the estuary.............and that was 25 years ago.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

They have been drinking recycled water in Singapore for over a decade. It's called NEWater. Google is your friend.
วินเชนท์
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

All water is recycled whether by nature or technology. The world only has a finite amount of water which we have been living off since the birth of mankind. There really is no such thing as 'waste water'.