Dreams and A Cosmic Owl

Discussion on science, nature and technology across the globe.
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Dreams and A Cosmic Owl

Post by Frank La Rue »

I debated internally whether posting this in "Foo" or "Science & Nature" and decided on the latter in order to treat the matter for real:

My 7 1/2 ("1/2" as we are in the "Science & Nature" - section) year old came to me just now and asked

"Daddy - how do I know that dreams are for real when they contain a Cosmic Owl?"

Taken aback - I first did not know what to answer. Upon further reflection I got arround to ask him where in the world did he get the idea of a "Cosmic Owl" from ??

Apparently it was from childrens television. Together we googled to find an answer to the question without succeeding.
For good and bad my son settled the matter by concluding that "Oh well, I guess they are from another DImension since we cannot find them on the internet".

In mental conditioning of the population as a whole for the Grand Unified Field Theory ( an algortihm which encompasses both the weak and the strong nuclear forces), the 1st Coming of Aliens and Independence Day II - I guess this is a pretty sturd repsonse- he is apparently mentally more ready than I am.

On a side NOTE
It has always puzzled me that no one in the Music Industry picked up on President George Bush's name for the invation of Irak - "Shock & Awe" as the perfect name and back drop for a heavy metal Band. It beats Iron Maden, Megadeath, Metallica, Antrachs and Moetley Crew flat out!

As for "Cosmic Owls" it is a brand name waiting for James Taylor and Neil Young to team up, release an album and go on the road.
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
pharvey

Re: Dreams and A Cosmic Owl

Post by pharvey »

I can't believe I actually searched for it...... too much time on my hands today!! :oops:

http://adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/Cosmic_Owl

WTF....? "The Cosmic Owl's design is based on the reflection of light off a urinal at Cartoon Network Studios."
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Re: Dreams and A Cosmic Owl

Post by Frank La Rue »

pharvey wrote:I can't believe I actually searched for it...... too much time on my hands today!! :oops:

http://adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/Cosmic_Owl

WTF....? "The Cosmic Owl's design is based on the reflection of light off a urinal at Cartoon Network Studios."

ROTFL! - WTF 2!!
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.