Evolution

Discussion on science, nature and technology across the globe.
PeteC

Evolution

Post by PeteC »

On another thread somewhere I was preaching that a human is never alive long enough to personally witness evolution. Below seems to prove me wrong. :bow: Pete :cheers:

Crickets in two places fall silent to survive

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-27592656
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
TingTongJohn
Professional
Professional

Re: Evolution

Post by TingTongJohn »

I think balding is a sign of Male Human evolution or at least I hope its a sign. :duck:
One word is not a story but it is the beginning and end of one.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

The bird called great tit (yes, it sounds like something more enchanting than a small and common bird) has altered its chirping in noisy areas such as busy highways. The traditional three note chih-chih-chue has become a two note chih-chue.

http://evolutioneveryday.blogspot.fi/20 ... -as-i.html
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ I don't know if I fully agree with that one. If they move back to a quiet, forested area do they revert back to their normal calling sounds? The article and the one reply hints that it could turn into something evolutionary, but no real proof yet. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

I don´t know either whether they would revert back but I still think it's evolution as I think these birds live in a fairly restricted area where their off-spring will also live. There is scientific research on this but it's in Finnish language so I didn't link it here.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Are we seeing an evolutionary step here, stingrays trying to fly? I believe these type of rays also populate Thai waters. Pete :cheers:

PeteC

Post by PeteC »

These frogs might be evolving right in front of us

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/spea ... ?tid=sm_fb