Golfing Societies

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
leither69

Golfing Societies

Post by leither69 »

I am looking to get some golf in, I recently moved to Hua Hin.. Are there any societies which I can join to get a regular game? Any help appreciated.

Thanks

John
lomuamart

Re: Golfing Societies

Post by lomuamart »

The HH Golf Society's HQ is at Bernie's Bar in HH Bazaar. Pop in and talk to Bernie who's the captain and he'll put you straight on new membership applications.
They play twice a week (Tues and Fri) at all the local courses and some a bit further afield.
leither69

Post by leither69 »

Thanks, back next week will pop in
ajmcmahon47

Post by ajmcmahon47 »

Hi John, I was just reading your enquirey on the Forum. I will be in HH late August for a week and plan to have a few games with you guys , handicap is 16.. How did you go with any golf societies ? Tony Aussie
keesvalk
Amateur
Amateur

Post by keesvalk »

I am in HH till august 5th and looking for people to have a round of golf with since I am not welcome as a non resident in some societies and others are full. Staying at the Hilton and eager for any golf course
mobile phone ++62 8123011337
cheers
Kees
Ping
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Ping »

Hi Kees,

I get to HH on Thursday. I plan to have a hit at Sea Pines on Sunday afternoon (3rd August) at 1.30. Like you am middle handicapper so we shouldn't embarress each other too much. Won't have a phone, but am staying across from Market Village. If you're interested let me know. We could share a cab to and from the course. Haven't got enough postings for PM's so just post here.

Cheers
Shane
keesvalk
Amateur
Amateur

Post by keesvalk »

Hi Shane

I am in for a game there. they all say it looks nice but....... it is weekend and Sea Pines is an army course so we will be playing in between the army who all come from Bangkok to Hua Hin for the weekend to play golf.... that's what i am told. anyway I don't think it is a problem and lets hope no one remembers to bring his bullets....
But how we get in touch before Sunday?

maybe can meet up in Soi 80 which is not far from your place. depends if youread this in time but maybe today (Tuesday) at 6pm at the Dutch place in Soi 80 called Hof van Holland ??

btw tomorrow Wednesday I will be playing Black Mountain. let me know if you are interested to join

cheers
Kees
Ping
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Ping »

Hi Kees,

I don't arrive until Thursday. I played Sea Pines a couple of times on Sndays last year aduring August. Hitting off about 2pm and there wasn't many people on the course. How about we meet at 1.15 across from Soi 80 on the beach side of the main road? We can grab a taxi and arrange for it to pick us up after the game.

Cheers
Shane
Awu

Post by Awu »

Is the joining fee at HH GS still 10.000 baht?
There is other very friendly societies in Hua Hin for 2000 baht joining fee and they have the same deals on greenfee as HH GS and plays 3 times every week.
Anyone interested to join just pm me.
keesvalk
Amateur
Amateur

Post by keesvalk »

Hi Shane
time and day ok with me
maybe it is better if we get taxi straight away and one picks the other up because for me getting to Soi 80 I would need a taxi anyway for me and my golfbag. Here at Hilton they are crazy when looking for transport, seems they want to retire early. so would it be possible for you to arrange a taxi and pick me up at Hilton and then we go straight to Sea Pines ?. taxi off course we split and maybe you know one that also picks us up since I am not having much success in arranging a taxi at all.
in emergency my mobile number is
++62 812 3011337
email cavalk@cbn.net.id

cheers
Kees
Ping
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Ping »

Hi Kees,

Ok, I will pick you up at the Hilton at 1.15. Off to the airport in a few hours so see you on Sunday.

Cheers
Shane
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

Awu wrote:Is the joining fee at HH GS still 10.000 baht?
There is other very friendly societies in Hua Hin for 2000 baht joining fee and they have the same deals on greenfee as HH GS and plays 3 times every week.
Anyone interested to join just pm me.
I have heard good reports about Lake View Members Club, men only, you need membership in place but no entrance fee, very nominal annual sub and a good standard of golf. Playing at Lakeview every Monday and Wednesday
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
keesvalk
Amateur
Amateur

Post by keesvalk »

hi Shane
confirmed. I will be standing at the Hilton front door ready packed and ready to go
see you Sunday 1.15pm at Hilton
cheers
Kees
keesvalk
Amateur
Amateur

Shane Re: Golfing Societies

Post by keesvalk »

since I have no idea how to reach you I can only do this way. have been spending most time last 2 days in the hospital here due to food poisoning or so. still weakened so looks like no more golf for me . Tuesday I will go to Bangkok for further medical checks
sorry but don't have your email nor phone number

rgds
kees
ajmcmahon47

Post by ajmcmahon47 »

Hi Kees, Ive been reading your posts about golf.

I arrive for a weeks holiday 23rd. Staying with my wife at Centara, Are you interested in playing a few games here and there?

Hope you are feeling better

Tony
Aussie