Anyone For Golf?

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
boolsheet
Novice
Novice

Anyone For Golf?

Post by boolsheet »

Hi All,
Will be visiting HH late Oct. Hoping to play a couple of the local courses, honest 17 handicapper. Fairly quiet 49yo travelling alone, any chance of getting in a comp or social group as a visiting member from Oz? Also enjoy discussing sliced drives, shanked irons and lipped putts over a beer or two.

Regards
lomuamart

Re: Anyone For Golf?

Post by lomuamart »

Your best bet will be to go to Bernie's Bar and ask him. He's the captain of The HH Golf Society and may well be able to get you included in some fixtures (every Tues and Fri).
You'll be paying the full rates but there are some courses about 1-2 hours away from HH that are really excellent and good value. The society normally play a couple of them a month. Transport is arranged from central HH and there's always a guest tournament - separate from the members' one.
It shouldn't be too busy, numbers wise, towards the end of October so the chances of getting a game are reasonable.
Although it may not be asked for, bring a handicap certificate over with you.
boolsheet
Novice
Novice

Post by boolsheet »

Cheers...thanks for that, looking forward to the visit.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

BS

With a handle like that no one is going to believe your handicap :laugh:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
apinansukpeng
Amateur
Amateur

Post by apinansukpeng »

[Mod Edit] If you wish to advertise on this forum, please contact Admin http://www.huahinmedia.com/huahinforum.php
timf
Novice
Novice

Post by timf »

boolsheet wrote:Hi All,
Will be visiting HH late Oct. Hoping to play a couple of the local courses, honest 17 handicapper. Fairly quiet 49yo travelling alone, any chance of getting in a comp or social group as a visiting member from Oz? Also enjoy discussing sliced drives, shanked irons and lipped putts over a beer or two.

Regards

I will also be there but probably too early for you, 17 handicap, 12-18 Oct

Tim