Which golf courses offers the best training areas ?

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Re: Which golf courses offers the best training areas ?

Post by T.I.G.R. »

Johan -

Lakeview GC has an all grass range. There are no amenities on the range itself though, and no cover. It's a normal size and you can get balls in the Pro Shop.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Black Mountain is without doubt the best facility, great short game area/lovely putting green and great turf to hit from.
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Post by T.I.G.R. »

Good thought JW, but Johan has already mentioned Black Mountain in a reply:

"Thanks but they want you to hit on plastic herb at the driving range... it's unacceptable if you want to learn how to touch the ball and then the ground to give spin to the ball. No "good" pros will ever training on plastic, you don't have the same feeling and you can't hit the ball correctly on the course.

If you want you can come at black mountain on 16 December and see how real pros training, without any plastic, look at the ball when they hit it, you will be very surprised what's it's going on there."

I also looked back at the first post and Johan mentions "high herbs training", which I was puzzled about until looked at the above and see he mentions hitting on "plastic herbs"........O.K. Johan, must be part of your language which doesn't translate well......could you please tell us what "high herb training is"......

Thanks......and thanks for the promo about Dec. 16.......more information would be appreciated if the Mods don't nail you for advertising.
Johan
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Johan »

No promo for 16 December, it's just the final of the asia tour at Black mountain. All of the best pros will be there and hitting off the ground at the driving range before play at the course. You can follow them and see how they play.

In France we say Rough for the high herbs area, i don't know how you can say it in english. You have the fairway then if you miss your shot you are in the rough.

http://www.plus-de-golf.com/glossaire-t ... le-380.htm

"Partie du parcours bordant le fairway et qui laissée à l’état sauvage peut comporter arbres, arbustes, buissons ou hautes herbes."

Hautes herbes = high herbs.

Sorry as my english is not perfect yet, difficult to understand what i'm saying most of the time ;-)
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Johan wrote:In France we say Rough for the high herbs area, i don't know how you can say it in english.
The Rough=Long Grass.

High Herbs= :rasta:
Johan
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Johan »

Haha, sorry, my mistake :-)
ozuncle
Guru
Guru

Post by ozuncle »

Johan, i am pissed off with your crap.

Anyone else?
You only live once.
Johan
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Johan »

Pissed off with my crap ? Can you explain ;-)
ozuncle
Guru
Guru

Post by ozuncle »

I could but.

Good Night.

:cheers:
You only live once.
Johan
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Johan »

I hope is not a bad thing, i've heard that expression when people are angry in the movies like "you piss me off bastard" or something like that. But you don't look like an angry guy ;-)
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Guys, this thread has been progressing nicely, please don't let it degenerate into a slanging match.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

T.I.G.R. wrote:Good thought JW, but Johan has already mentioned Black Mountain in a reply:

"Thanks but they want you to hit on plastic herb at the driving range... it's unacceptable if you want to learn how to touch the ball and then the ground to give spin to the ball. No "good" pros will ever training on plastic, you don't have the same feeling and you can't hit the ball correctly on the course.

If you want you can come at black mountain on 16 December and see how real pros training, without any plastic, look at the ball when they hit it, you will be very surprised what's it's going on there."

I also looked back at the first post and Johan mentions "high herbs training", which I was puzzled about until looked at the above and see he mentions hitting on "plastic herbs"........O.K. Johan, must be part of your language which doesn't translate well......could you please tell us what "high herb training is"......

Thanks......and thanks for the promo about Dec. 16.......more information would be appreciated if the Mods don't nail you for advertising.

Actually he has NOT been to Black Mountain yet, as one of his post on Tuesday confirmed.
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Johan
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Johan »

I will go to black mountain this week, yesterday i was sick and today too, so can't move from home right now. On Google earth i can see the training area of Black Mountain and i think it will be ok.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Burger King for dinner was it! lol. :thumb:
You will love the turf at BM absolutely first class
Johan
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Johan »

Well, i still sick and it wasn't burger king :D

I will give a try first at the discounted golf courses before the end of the month, i will normally play them all, if someone want to join ? All levels welcome, is just for fun.