Which golf courses offers the best training areas ?

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Johan
Suspended
Suspended

Which golf courses offers the best training areas ?

Post by Johan »

Hello,

Have many golf courses in Hua Hin and i just know a few of them, i believe some of you have been to all the courses and i would want to know which one offers the best training areas like pitching greens, putting greens, training bunkers, high herbs training and all of that stuff.

I went to Milford golf course today and they don't even have a driving range...

Thanks.
PET
Legend
Legend

Re: Which golf courses offers the best training areas ?

Post by PET »

Black Mountain
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Johan
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Johan »

Thanks, never been there yet, i will try it.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

high herbs training
:shock: Suggest you do that at home! :rasta: :D
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Johan
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Johan »

I have lost too many ProV1 at my home... i prefer to do this at the golf course, it will be less expensive in balls ;-)
Korkenzieher
Guru
Guru

Post by Korkenzieher »

Unless you have a specific need to be at a golf course, there are several independent driving ranges around Hua Hin where you can go and hit balls in various conditions to your hearts content and if you desire, take lessons. The one I have most frequently been to is Pimai (on the right side, behind the Pimai market at the start the Canal Road). I'm happy to recommend it. The Mongkol and Seapines are respectable alternatives though putting facilities there are probably more limited, and there are a couple of others if you wish to search them out. I've never been there but I believe Tavimuk on the Petchkasem near Soi 10 has driving range facilities and some par 3 holes (confirmations anyone). It is unlikey to cost you more than 200 Baht to hit enough balls to feel you have had enough for now. Of course, at the ranges, you will be using range balls rather than ProV1 or similar. That may or may not be an issue for you.
Had enough of the trolls. Going to sleep. I may be some time....
Johan
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Johan »

Thanks but they want you to hit on plastic herb at the driving range... it's unacceptable if you want to learn how to touch the ball and then the ground to give spin to the ball. No "good" pros will ever training on plastic, you don't have the same feeling and you can't hit the ball correctly on the course.

If you want you can come at black mountain on 16 December and see how real pros training, without any plastic, look at the ball when they hit it, you will be very surprised what's it's going on there.
Korkenzieher
Guru
Guru

Post by Korkenzieher »

There are one or 2 smaller driving ranges which are quite happy for you to hit off the ground, and do not require you to hit off mats. Seapines does to a limited extent and there is another small place to the left just before entering Pranburi - a kilometre, maybe 2 before Danarat Military course (the name escapes me unfortunately, I was taken there by a Thai, but it is essentially by the roadside, so not too difficult to find). It sounds a little though, like you probably want to be hitting your own balls.
Had enough of the trolls. Going to sleep. I may be some time....
Johan
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Johan »

I can hit training balls, i just want to hit them on off the ground as i don't like plastic.
PAINTER V2

Post by PAINTER V2 »

There’s a little driving range down by the new Suan Son golf course I only found about it yesterday when I went to look at the new course. One box of balls 25bht. The range has mats and if you want to, you can hit off grass in front of the mats as well; this was nice sandy soil/grass, not rock hard dirt. It has just a single small putting green and a couple of practice bunkers as it is very close to me so this is my choice now, oh and the guys cleaned my clubs for me when I had finished as well. Its not posh by any means but it fits the bill for me.
Directions, drive by the Banyan resort go about 1-½ kmt further south and you see a petrol station on your left this shares an entrance road both to the range, beach and course.

Also theres a Thai guy who says he's a coach he told me he's there all the time I did not use him.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

PainterV2

You say the name of the new 'military' course is SUANG SON in this translated into SEA PINES , which is the name I was given ?
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Johan
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Johan »

I've tried Tavimuk on the Petchkasem near Soi 10.

It's only a practice, the PAR 3 course it's closed. The putting green is not a putting green, it's more a cheaping green. Very kind staff. Can only play on the plastic mats. 100 bahts for 120 balls. They also have food and drinks for sell at a reasonnable price and a small proshop.

For me, it's just another practice without anything special.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

PET wrote:PainterV2

You say the name of the new 'military' course is SUANG SON in this translated into SEA PINES , which is the name I was given ?
Yes, Suan Son/Sea Pines is the name of the Beach. Well Suan Son Pradiphat or Sea Pine Tree Garden to be exact.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Johan wrote:I've tried Tavimuk on the Petchkasem near Soi 10.

It's only a practice, the PAR 3 course it's closed. The putting green is not a putting green, it's more a cheaping green. Very kind staff. Can only play on the plastic mats. 100 bahts for 120 balls. They also have food and drinks for sell at a reasonnable price and a small proshop.

For me, it's just another practice without anything special.

I have already mentioned that for the purposes you have outlined Black Mountain have what you are looking for - give it a try !!!
Johan
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Johan »

I will, very soon ;-)