Golf societies

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
sessachief
Amateur
Amateur

Golf societies

Post by sessachief »

Can members give me some idea of a golf society, which is both reasonable socialable, and very well priced. Reading through some of these posts, paying upwards of £30 for a round does not seem that cheap., and further more it looks as if it could be more £60 on occassions.
Is it because HH is such an expat area, does the Pattaya golf scene have better value. ?
Or are the military courses ok for someone that wants to play once or twice a week
Help and advice gratefully received
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

There are three golf societies in Hua Hin that I've heard of. The oldest and largest is the Hua Hin Golf Society organized and run out of Bernie's Inn bar and restaurant in the Bazaar area off the beach road.

They play a competition twice a week and last I heard had around 70 members.

I don't know much about the other two; I've only heard of them so some one else will have to provide details.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Some information here:
http://www.expathuahin.com/social-clubs-huahin.php
Golf in HH is expensive and I believe that Pattaya offers better value and more choices.
Military courses such as Tannarat are fine as is the free 9 hole course at Dolphin Bay. Just don't expect pristine conditions.