Help with car tax renewal

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Zhen
Rookie
Rookie

Help with car tax renewal

Post by Zhen »

Hi all, need your kind expertise here. Have been reading the forums and gotten confuse about the car tax renewal. We have a car bought in Udon thani and didn't realise that the tax has expired. We are currently in Hua Hin and definitely not travelling back to Udon Thani in these few weeks. Could you all please advise if I can proceed to Hua Hin LTO to get my tax renewal done? Or is there any recommendations of local agents that I can find in Hua Hin to get this done? If we were to get local agent, how long does it take to get that piece of paper?

Thank you
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Re: Help with car tax renewal

Post by europtimiste »

You can do it in HH close to Pee Mai
Zhen
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Zhen »

Thanks for the reply and sorry. Do you have the address? Is this an agent or the LTO? How long will I be able to get the tax sticker/paper?

Pretty new to Hua Him and am staying in a hotel here.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

It's an agent. The LTD is in Pranburi. There's also one in Cha-Am (Na Yang).
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I think europtimiste is referring to this place:
tax1.jpg
tax1.jpg (77.99 KiB) Viewed 476 times
tax2.jpg
tax2.jpg (109.83 KiB) Viewed 476 times
At least, that's where I've always imagined it to be.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Zhen
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Zhen »

Okay..... As this is the first time I am here, may get lost along the way to look for the agent without an address. :_
Will proceed to the LTD on monday. Is there anything I should look out for? Sorry, been reading the posts about this but they seems pretty dated.
Zhen
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Zhen »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:51 pm I think europtimiste is referring to this place:

tax1.jpg

tax2.jpg

Is there any chance if I could get everything done on Monday if I proceed here? Sorry for asking so many questions!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Zhen wrote:
Big Boy wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:51 pm I think europtimiste is referring to this place:

tax1.jpg

tax2.jpg

Is there any chance if I could get everything done on Monday if I proceed here? Sorry for asking so many questions!
Do you have the registration book with you - I don’t think you can do it without that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

tax1.jpg

tax2.jpg

Yes, that's the place, you need insurance documents and you can pick up the sticker in about 3 to 4 days.
Zhen
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Zhen »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:59 pm
Zhen wrote:

tax1.jpg

tax2.jpg

Do you have the registration book with you - I don’t think you can do it without that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes...the blue book is with me. Lucky part.
Zhen
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Zhen »

Hmm... Would that mean it would be faster for me to collect the tax paper if I go down to LTD myself? I wouldnt mind the distance, just prefer to get stuff settle as soon as possible. Silly of me to have not track the expiry date.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

First thing: how old is the car? If 7 years or older you first need it to be inspected and a certificate issued. The place with the gearwheel symbol does that. They will also sell you a compulsory insurance policy if you do not have it already.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Zhen
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Zhen »

My car is less than 5 year old. Oh ..forgotten about the complusory insurance, have bought the extra insurance recently.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

How old is the car? If over 7 years you need to get the thing inspected for roadworthiness, and these roadworthiness places also will (try) to sell you the Por Ror Bor (compulsory insurance, which you will need) to boot. They usually have an additional service where they bring all the documents to the car registration place and do everything that needs to be done.
วินเชนท์
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

An easier place to find is KC Motors underneath the flyover. Driving south, take the U-turn under the flyover and the garage is on the left immediately after passing under the flyover. They'll do everything including the check, although your car doesn't need it. If you have separate insurance, take that with you as it will negate the need for government insurance.