Soi 76 Traffic Chaos - AGAIN

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Big Boy

Soi 76 Traffic Chaos - AGAIN

Post by Big Boy »

One of the main traffic arteries in the city is being closed again until 21 Feb. This time for the OTOP Fair.

The road from the Tessebahn to the Railway Station (Soi 76) will be closed West bound, which will again cause confusion when vehicles approach. Maybe somebody will take the initiative this time, and give plenty of warning and diversions will be clearly identified - unlikely, TIT. After all, this fair goes right through a weekend, and Hua Hin enjoys a lot of visitors/traffic to the city every weekend, which will increase the confusion.

Then there's the traffic trying to join from Sa Song Rd. Many Thais will refuse to turn left, when they need to turn right. People will be put in additional danger by maverick drivers entering a pedestrianised area. At least, that is what was happening the last time this road was closed.

Of course, one should question the need to regularly close such a vital traffic artery in the centre of such a busy town. This is a very recent innovation. Such fairs were held at 19 Rai, which is a nice area, with plenty of parking. So why has the venue changed?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Soi 76 Traffic Chaos - AGAIN

Post by StevePIraq »

19 Rai is a long way from town so I guess the organizers think tourist will not travel that far to attend, hence they want it smack in the middle of town. Why don't they put it on Phetkasem Road?
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OMG, I'm reading in Daily News that they've blocked access to and from the Red Cross, including trapping the Blood Donation Bus inside.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

This is normal, happens every year, if your retired u have time...plenty of it! Why get stressed out.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No JW, I may be old, and my short term memory may not be as good as it was, but this certainly was not a regular occurrence when I first moved here. Yes, they used to use the Pone Kingpetch Park for events, but they never used to close road for a few days at a time.

I don't know what used to happen in the years before I moved here. Maybe somebody saw sense and stopped the road closure before.

It is not a problem for me personally, especially if I know about it. It's the poor headless chickens who visit the town every weekend. At least warn people, and indicate alternate routes. As for blocking in the Red Cross Blood Collection Vehicle for 5 days, lets hope there isn't an urgent need for blood.

Points 48; Position 18
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

I love those fairs in center of town.
As usual there is again an avalanche of farang complaints.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

europtimiste wrote:I love those fairs in center of town.
What do you love about them?
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

StevePIraq wrote:
What do you love about them?

It's central, pleasant, can buy food without driving as far as 19Rai, bring some animation to this dead town.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

If there was an avalanche of Farang complaints, there were a hundred times more on Thai social media last night, which was the inspiration for my post.

Points 48; Position 18
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

another fair, same, same, same, same
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

StevePIraq wrote:another fair, same, same, same, same
And that is the biggest issue for me, it's the same old, same old.

But it can be different. I recall a couple of years ago in Korat that they had a huge BBQ food fair with a cowboy theme, on the opening night there were a lot of 'cowboys' riding around, the huge stage had a 'western' theme to it and much of the food was great. Unusually for Korat, the hotels in town had stalls and so on. The only let down was the local Brit food shop declined to sell burgers and hot dogs and things and concentrated on it's Thai market, with lasagne, cauli and spinach and such like. Very BBQ - not! I recall we went about three times as there was such a variety of different food to try and the music was good. Never saw it again though!
Talk is cheap
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

For me I don't need to see more food stalls and the likes. What about some culture, photo's, art, antiques, bric-a-brac, quality music, old Isaan music, Thai history etc. There is so much more than these same food fairs which travel around the country. However I do understand that this is what appeals to Thai's and first time visitor's to Thailand. You may as well just go to the night market.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

StevePIraq wrote:For me I don't need to see more food stalls and the likes. What about some culture, photo's, art, antiques, bric-a-brac, quality music, old Isaan music, Thai history etc. There is so much more than these same food fairs which travel around the country. However I do understand that this is what appeals to Thai's and first time visitor's to Thailand. You may as well just go to the night market.
Actually at night market you can buy clothes, souvenirs just close to expensive sea food restaurants. Daily same same....
Cha Am has a weekly bric-a-brac market with food stalls. Pattaya has a weekly market called mini Chatuchak.
What has Hua Hin ???? and when something happens there are complaints from farangs.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Yes other places have some alternatives to offer.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

europtimiste wrote:
StevePIraq wrote:For me I don't need to see more food stalls and the likes. What about some culture, photo's, art, antiques, bric-a-brac, quality music, old Isaan music, Thai history etc. There is so much more than these same food fairs which travel around the country. However I do understand that this is what appeals to Thai's and first time visitor's to Thailand. You may as well just go to the night market.
Actually at night market you can buy clothes, souvenirs just close to expensive sea food restaurants. Daily same same....
Cha Am has a weekly bric-a-brac market with food stalls. Pattaya has a weekly market called mini Chatuchak.
What has Hua Hin ???? and when something happens there are complaints from farangs.
and you always complaints about other farangs that complaints about something or have another opinion than you,smart a.s

:cheers: :cheers: